• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CM: Shock Force
05-02-2009, 11:16 AM,
CM: Shock Force
Hi all...
I wonder if nobody played CM: Shock Force on theBlitz...
Some people say it's a good improvement over the CMX1 engine, while some say it's gameplay is awkward and unintuitive (what's that awkward means?)
So, can someone tell me what's the problem with this CM: Shock Force?

I don't have CMSF yet, just want to know if it's worth playing...
---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2009, 06:33 PM,
RE: CM: Shock Force
The biggest problem with CMSF IMO is the
limited replayability due to different QB system than CM1 series
As for multiplayer, the absence of WEGO makes it a clickfest when u are playing TCP.
As far as im concerned SF is game that barely justifies the CM series name.
Do not believe what you think
05-02-2009, 11:59 PM,
I found Shock force to be boring and simplified both graphic-wise and tactically. Just one of oh so many fast-clicking realtime strategy games. Only thing that's missing is building resources ;)

The original CM series is a wonder of detail, complexity and playability in comparison.
05-03-2009, 10:58 PM,
Well, currently in my shelf are CMX1 series, so I dont have to be worry about the CMSF. I couldn't believe that the next gen of CM is a click fest RTT game... I think game developers are getting more and more concerned about their market success...
Anyway, thanks for the responses guys... I'm really proud to have the CMBB and CMAK wargame (i don't have the CMBO as it's already difficult to find here)...
05-04-2009, 12:33 AM,
CM:SF can be played PBEM so it aint really a click fest.

I currently have 4 or 5 games going and enjoy it.

It is a different beast from CMx1 though and should be considered a completely different game.
05-04-2009, 01:04 AM,
It is a tottaly different game indeed,
And im having myself some games also but it comes 2nd
in my gaming priority.
I think that the CM title has too much weight in the wargaming community and people were expecting to be similar with the CM1 series
from that point all arguments are born.
Do not believe what you think
05-04-2009, 03:05 PM,
Just like what I've said before, some people say this, the others say that... I'm really confused...
So, can anybody who has played this CMSF (and also the CMX1) tell me the differences between the two engines? Where is the strength of CMX1 and where for CMX2? Which one is more realistic in depicting a battle (CMSF for modern battle and CMx1 for WW2)?
Without any biased argument?
I just don't like the game review on popular gaming sites coz they're kinda biased.

Well, I'm just making sure before deciding whether to look for this game or not.
05-05-2009, 10:28 PM,
There's a demo for Shock Force I think?

Try before you buy. Seeing we dont know what you're looking for in a game its hard to say wether its for you or not.

I tried the demo a while back and didnt bite, whereas from the moment I tried CM1 I knew it was just what I'd been looking for.