• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Snafu walks into the Blitz Saloon
12-23-2010, 01:28 PM,
RE: Snafu walks into the Blitz Saloon
(12-21-2010, 01:42 PM)Jagger Wrote: To ease your pain a bit, here are some scenario recommendations. All have interesting maps, lots of feedback and plenty of tactical choices. I have played all and am totally unbiased...well maybe just a little.

Blood Feud Transylvania, V3
Dark Storm Minsk 44
SS Strikes, Kalinen Front
Storm Tide, Poland 44

My favorite is Dark Storm Minsk 44 with the more experienced player taking the Russians. Although Storm Tide, Poland 44 is a very close second for me. SS Strikes is the most closely balanced by feedback. Blood Feud gives you a late war Hungarians vs Romanians scenario for a nice change of pace.

Guaranteed fun, no guarantees on victory. If you try them, make sure you post scenario feedback.

Jagger, thanks for the recommendations - SS Strikes it is going to be. Although I'm not so sure how you can make both those guarantees, since I have yet to have fun in a CM game that I didn't win... ;)
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2010, 04:56 AM,
RE: Snafu walks into the Blitz Saloon
SS Strikes is fun. And I haven't lost in a long, long time so I forgot the contradiction...:smoke: Although it helps not to have played in quite a few years.

(12-23-2010, 01:28 PM)Splork Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 01:42 PM)Jagger Wrote: To ease your pain a bit, here are some scenario recommendations. All have interesting maps, lots of feedback and plenty of tactical choices. I have played all and am totally unbiased...well maybe just a little.

Blood Feud Transylvania, V3
Dark Storm Minsk 44
SS Strikes, Kalinen Front
Storm Tide, Poland 44

My favorite is Dark Storm Minsk 44 with the more experienced player taking the Russians. Although Storm Tide, Poland 44 is a very close second for me. SS Strikes is the most closely balanced by feedback. Blood Feud gives you a late war Hungarians vs Romanians scenario for a nice change of pace.

Guaranteed fun, no guarantees on victory. If you try them, make sure you post scenario feedback.

Jagger, thanks for the recommendations - SS Strikes it is going to be. Although I'm not so sure how you can make both those guarantees, since I have yet to have fun in a CM game that I didn't win... ;)
Quote this message in a reply