• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMSF (all modules) and CMA PBEM
09-25-2011, 05:00 AM,
CMSF (all modules) and CMA PBEM
Hi All

Looking for a CMSF (all modules) and CMA PBEM.

Would strongly prefer to use dropbox for exchanging turns.

Email me at normandypbemATgmailDOTcom

Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2011, 03:49 AM,
RE: CMSF (all modules) and CMA PBEM
May I ask why preference for drop box? Does it really matter whether both opponants have this particular service?
09-26-2011, 04:08 AM,
The CMSF and CMA turns get quite big and exchanging big files with dropbox is easy. Added to that you can use the Head to Head Helper with dropbox.

Were you intending to play me ?
09-27-2011, 12:29 AM,
Not at the moment...I've got too many PBEMs going on already. But, I will keep you in mind when a spot opens up. I was just curious because I've had one other guy, someone I'm currently playing tell me I should use dropbox. I currently use "SendThisFile" and really see no difference between the two. I was just wondering whether there is a significant difference between the two services.
09-27-2011, 02:19 AM,
I am not familiar with "SendThisFile" unfortunately so I cant give you an opinion as to the differances, if any, between the two services.

What I do know is that the Head to Head Helper program (developed by amongst others GreenAsJade from CMMODS) works quite well with dropbox - and that is the reason why I am using dropbox. It makes exchanging turns hassle free. No emails to send, not having to keep track of who owes you a turn etc.

One reason why your oppo suggested dropbox to you might be because he is using it in conjunction with the H2HH, and by you not using dropbox he is unable to utilise H2HH to its fullest extent.