• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Strategy First version
10-02-2011, 03:24 AM,
b_Exclamation Mark  Strategy First version
I have problem. I had my computer crash and my CMBB disk crack so I had to get a new one of both.
Strategy First now sells the CMBB games so I bought one of those and it runs fine but I can not figure out where it is saving my PBEM and saved game files.
I had a similar problem with windows vista and old battlefront game but managed to find my files hidden in user specific files but they don't appear to be there with this version of the game. In fact the PBEM file that is usely in the directory is installed on the desktop(with nothing in it. even when I save a PBEM file) and in the usual spot vista was putting my games there is a file called "Combat Mission BB Prefs"
I think that might be a set up file but I don't know what program to use to open it.
does anybody know where my PBEM file might be?
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2011, 09:18 AM,
RE: Strategy First version
Bluehand,
I had a similar problem, but dont remember exactly where the file ended up. Might be under "AppData" or something like that...I eventurally found it. One thing you could do is go to Control Panel, Indexing Options, then "Modify", then select your whole disk for indexing. Then you can easily find the file with a file search.

Eventually, I learned to install CMBB under a folder that is not "Program files".

Good luck!
10-03-2011, 03:04 PM,
RE: Strategy First version
that last bit about not using program files seems to have worked. Unfortunately I still have to redo my Hurrah setup because I still can't figure out where the heck that went to.
Thanks!