• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Memoir '44
10-11-2012, 09:28 PM,
Off Topic  Memoir '44
I've been re-visiting a free game I downloaded online this last March, Memoir '44, adaptation of a popular board game. Wasn't there a Blitz site that dealt with this one? Clever, short battles that play out differently each time because of random command cards. Anyone know how you can get battles other than the 5 or 6 centered around D-Day?--like in North Africa, the Eastern Front, Pacific, etc.? Thanks in advance.

I'll come back and check here from time to time for a reply (I don't get message notifications on my pc's)...or can be emailed at [email protected] Helmet Wink
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2012, 05:04 AM,
RE: Memoir '44
Hi Mad Baron,

I have the online game installed too but did not play it for a while. Just checked it and you should see "Choose a Scenario" in the upper left corner with the option "Front" near to it. Here you can choose the theater you want to play. Not sure but probably you have to buy "Gold" first to play other scenarios than D-Day?

Hope this helps.

Alpha Zwo
10-26-2012, 10:27 PM,
Thanks, Alpha Zwo. Yes, now I see all three top left tabs (front--East, West, Med, Pacific//year--39 to 45//show--played, unplayed, etc.) allow a pretty good number of free battles to choose from, without having to buy Gold.
Cheers Pirates
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
10-26-2012, 10:42 PM,
If playing the online game, do you play against the AI or are you able to play against another human?

Hook
10-27-2012, 01:14 AM,
You can play against another human and have a chat too. Great fun.
10-28-2012, 07:58 AM,
Thanks, for the info. I downloaded it and played my 1st battle against the AI. I had no clue what I was doing however, I ended up winning the battle.

I've been looking at the getting the board game for a few years. Hopefully, it will turn out to be as enjoyable as Axis and Allies was, many, many, moons ago!