• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Snipers
07-22-2006, 09:30 PM,
Snipers

Attached Files
.jpg   sniper.jpg (Size: 5.82 KB / Downloads: 17)
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2006, 10:14 PM,
RE: Snipers
Snipers aren't supposed to be used for close combat.I've seen how some people send them to scout ahead due to the high stealth factor,but usually i prefer to put them in some safe place.Snipers are one of the best units you have-and in pretty much all QBs i buy (at least) one- if you know how to use them.Avoid assigning them targets yourself-let the ai do it-it does a great job.You will see the difference when your armor is the first to shoot because the enemy tank is buttoned by sniper fire-or if you're lucky(and you often will be),the enemy tank is shocked because the tank commander just got himself killed.Or when an enemy gun if pinned by sniper fire and you can safely deliver some he rounds do safely deal with him.
Send this user an email
07-23-2006, 12:49 AM,
I agree. Snipers can be incredibly useful in locating and harassing enemy armour and MGs. Of course, they're useless up close, but at range they can be quite helpful.

I never leave the setup area without 'em.

I also never leave without my wooby.
07-23-2006, 03:16 AM,
so it's better to leave the snipers in a postion and they will do the job?
what is the best range for them(from an area target)?
"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains saves both."
"The best form of welfare for the troops is first-rate training."
"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
Field Marshall
Erwin ROMMEL
07-23-2006, 03:29 AM,
And the better skill the sniper has, the better job he'll do.. getting a conscript or green sniper is like having donald duck on your side....
07-23-2006, 03:35 AM,
I think Snipers are most effective in the middle of their range, say 200-300m. They are practically invisible at that range and hit a good percentage of the time.

Another advantage of snipers on defense is that if you place them forward and leave them hidden, the enemy basically has to walk right over them to spot the sniper, and even then he's got a chance to stay unseen. Then, the first wave of troops advance and the sniper is free to start taking out TCs in the followup armor wave, as well as provide intel (not really realistic since snipers would not generally have radios, but borg spotting is a fact of life with CM).
07-24-2006, 06:31 AM,
Thanks guys - ok so if i let the ai do the targeting the snipers will be more effective. another question what is a wooby major hunt