• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question for players
09-22-2006, 10:46 PM,
Question for players
Have a huge scenario in play test at the moment. Nearly all the forces are on the map at the start of the battle.
Now here's the question!
The turn file can get as big as 4mb and waiting for that blue line to reach the end when ending a turn can be a long wait.
As a player, would you be happy with the file size and delay OR would you prefer your forces arriving in small groups every few turns?

Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2006, 11:56 PM,
RE: Question for players
Which scenario is it? Sounds like something I would want to try. I don't mind the wait if it's PBEM. Just remember that the wait would kill an IP game.

As far as one-shot or trickle reinforcements, I think the gradual reinforcements are more realistic, and in the scenario we're playtesting together, they add an element of suspense.

Schacht
09-23-2006, 04:59 AM,
***** Fredrocker's Combat Mission Site *****"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care." - Theodore Roosevelt
Send this user an email
09-24-2006, 02:29 AM,
In huge battles especially, MEs I prefer that they arrive in small groups pretty steadily. IMO it eases the inevitable traffic jams on maps with few roads and it makes issuing orders easier. Even in huge battles that are assualt it gives the defender something to do while waiting for the enemy to approach and allows you to cover approaches that you didn't notice during set-up. At least in my case! I always (while defending) notice potential situations after the fact!! Damn beer!! Eek

Fredrocker: This battle is something akin to "Hells Gate" without the fog and a gazillion craters!! ;) Maybe a larger map too! BTW I really loved 'Hell's Gate'!!! Big Grin And I second your comment about everything BT does is first class!!

cheers
09-24-2006, 10:15 AM,
Many thanks for your input guys! :)

Now working on version 3 with smaller map and less forces.
If you three are interested in play testing the new version when it's finished then I will send you a copy of the scenario so you can pick your side.

By the way, almost finished with the forces on the map when my anti virus program updated it self and crashed CMAK!!!!! :mad: :hissy:
Had to start again Cry
Hopefully ready within a few days from now cheers