• Downloads

Never Under-Estimate!
01-02-2007, 01:24 PM,
Never Under-Estimate!
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2007, 02:06 PM,
RE: Never Under-Estimate!
My Tankhunter team was awarded post humously with the Red Star after destroying a King Tiger with a single Molotov coctail on top of its engine intakes..they were killed few seconds later by hoardes of other King Tigers...(one of the amazing moments in the CM battlefield) IIRC the name of the scenario this happened in, is DEY-King has arrived or something like that...cannot find it in TSDII or TPG but have it in my HD.

Good stuff
LT
"Kornie"
01-02-2007, 02:48 PM,
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
01-02-2007, 03:56 PM,
RE:��Never Under-Estimate!
Larry Thorne (FGM) Wrote:My Tankhunter team was awarded post humously with the Red Star after destroying a King Tiger with a single Molotov coctail on top of its engine intakes..they were killed few seconds later by hoardes of other King Tigers...(one of the amazing moments in the CM battlefield) IIRC the name of the scenario this happened in, is DEY-King has arrived or something like that...cannot find it in TSDII or TPG but have it in my HD.

Good stuff
LT

If that really happened as you say it's the first time I've EVER heard of a molotov killing a tank - I thought those things were only useful against open topped vehicles...

Here's another truly amazing thing: During a PBEM battle, my opponent's FT team opened up on my SMG squads from a building across the street - my squads quickly returned fire and he evaporated after one shot and showed eliminated, but still, somehow, a second after showing eliminated, fired a second burst of flame at my boys and panicked them. The flame was coming from nowhere! Must have been his dead fingers on the trigger!
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
01-02-2007, 10:59 PM,
I've been able to destroy a tank with molotov's twice. One was T-26 and another was T-37 and lot's of molotov's were used. Killing a King Tiger with molotov must happen only once in million years.
Also never underestimate anti-tank rifles. Once a german 7.9mm atr saved me from defeat by immobilizin a Matilda in to a position where it couldn't support attacing enemy infantry.
01-15-2007, 04:39 AM,
I have killed several tanks with Molotovs in the past, and had them killed. It usually just panicks the crew and they just bail, just things work out right, which granted they seldom do.
01-15-2007, 04:44 AM,
I love using the smaller AT guns, PTRD's and such. They usually won't knock out an AFV, but if you have enough of them, their volume of fire is enough to rattle even the most grizzled of crews. For the price, there are few units as good for anti tank work.