• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CM:Strike Force Website up
03-22-2007, 05:46 PM,
RE: CM:Strike Force Website up
i Don't think you control every man in the squad, but every man is represented graphically in squad footprints...
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2007, 11:18 PM,
I think Smashing is right, each man is represented graphically, but you still control squads (or maybe split squads), not individual men.

It will be interesting to see what they do with grenades for squads. I have heard in the past that some of the prodigious throws that can be seen in the game (lobbing grenade bundles over 30m away and onto a moving tank) are intended to represent one member of the squad sneaking or spinting forward and making a smaller throw. Will they implement that in with the new 1:1 representation will it still be abstracted? Also, are the men still in a static formation or will they rearrange themselves to better conform to cover/concealment?

Also for those wanting true mirror matches, the website says that red-on-red and blue-on-blue battles will now be possible. :cool2:

Now that most of my concerns appear to be resolved, I will almost certainly order it when it comes out.

03-23-2007, 12:15 AM,
Seeing that one can mix and match sides (I didn't expect the Syrians (red) to be calling in too many airtstrikes), my decision to buy was reinforced. Is it too early to ask for a "no-cd" patch? :)

03-23-2007, 03:14 AM,
Will it have OH's and AH's i wonder.....oo ooh ooooh what about ATGM's?
Mind you those bad boys have a hell of a range so i hope the maps are large enough. Big Grin

cheers
03-23-2007, 03:42 AM,
The website says there is definitely air support, but I get the impression that it is all off-board, similar to the current CM games. I don't think helicopters were included in the vehicle list either.

ATGMs are definitely in, although I am not sure exactly what types. Humvee TOW carriers are on the planned vehicle list, and Bradleys/Strykers/BMPs/BRDMs all have an ATGM system on board, I believe. I'd assume some of the man-portable ATGMs will be in there as well.

The Features list says that maps as large as 16 square km are supported in the editor. That would allow at least 4 km long maps.

I do like the screenshots of guys on parapeted roofs (leaning against the edge while firing even) and the shot from inside a building looking out actual windows.
03-23-2007, 10:06 PM,
how much longer ?? months ?? seasons ??? years ?? (release)
03-24-2007, 04:52 AM,
hjthring Wrote:how much longer ?? months ?? seasons ??? years ?? (release)

Yes. Big Grin