• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Quick Battle Question
03-25-2007, 01:50 PM,
Quick Battle Question
As the thread suggests i am after a bit of advice on setting up a quick battle. I want the battle to be an assault defend type battle. Setting the points is fine but i would like to have the defender having half as many points as the attacker.

From what i can tell i set it to have the defending side with a -50 % handicap. :conf:

If i am right confirmation of that would be great or if i am wrong advice would be appreciated aswell.:)

Wigam
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2007, 05:09 PM,
RE: Quick Battle Question
Setting the defender to -50% handicap will not automatically give the defender half as many points as the attacker.

The handicap +/- percentage gives (or removes) a percentage of points based on what would be given out originally as set by the battle parameters. For example, in a 3000 pt assault the default points given out are -
Defender - 3000 pts
Attacker - (3000 * 1.72) = 5160 pts

If you give the defender a -50%, then it will turn out as follows -
Defender - 1500 pts
Attacker - 5160 pts

If you give the defender a +50%, then it will turn out as follows -
Defender - 4500 pts
Attacker - 5160 pts

When setting up battles, the "Force size" you select is always based on the defender.

In assaults, the attacker get 1.72x more than the defender
In attacks, the attackers get 1.5x more than the defender.

So, it may take some fiddling with the Force size and handicap numbers before you come up with a battle where you get half as many defender points as attacker.

Quote this message in a reply