• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

all who I am playing
04-16-2007, 10:29 PM,
all who I am playing
You can all claim victories. I totaly F**k*D off with this Pissing Vista Crap.CMBB wont install at all // CMBO only part installed.My other HPS games I get white screens instead of maps.

I will install XP again but I have started to loose the will to live with PC,s atm.

Will be back fight one day not sure when
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2007, 11:00 PM,
RE: all who I am playing
Ask for technical help here in their XP forum, they're very good -
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/

Hey, when I play cmak the graphics are white sometimes, it looks crazy. For example the troops sometimes have white faces as if they're wearing Phantom of the Opera masks, and sometimes the vehicle graphics flash as if they're signalling with morse code to each other, ha ha ha.. :)
04-16-2007, 11:05 PM,
Ok Ive claimed the victories as per your request. Been about 4 week since the last turn - how could you survive that long.

Strange that all CM's installed ok for me?

And Tobruk '41 works fine as well?

What version have you got Bid??
04-16-2007, 11:08 PM,
Home premium vista. At least with XP things work
04-16-2007, 11:09 PM,
RE:��all who I am playing
04-16-2007, 11:15 PM,
That is the same version I have.

Did you do that admin rights thingy that Randy mentioned??
04-16-2007, 11:18 PM,
Disable the UAC and then try installing them. The UAC is that annoying pop up that demands you verify every move youmake to make sure it was you and not some rogue virus.

You can disable it via the control panel... worth a go matey.

The only probs I have with CM is that my graphics card seems to have lost the ability to display fog under vista... bar stewards!!
04-16-2007, 11:18 PM,
I cant find it.
04-17-2007, 05:03 AM,
Bid, I went thru hell with Vista a few weeks ago eventually made Dell give me XP free of charge and now my PC is screaming fast and everything works.

try to manually install CMBB without the auto run, (hit shift when inserting the CD to disable I believe?) Then Open the CD folder and click on setup..
allow the program time to load (it may take up to 5 minutes depending on your ram and processor speed)

White screen in HPS games is normal, you'll need to make some changes to the settings within the game menu. HPS posts this on their site but it's mainly auto scroll and SmoothScroll and alternative scrolling I think.

Also the drivers for your video card are prolly the culprit in many of these cases if you have an updated version (100+) for nvidia, go back to the 80/90 series and see what happens. Not sure for radeon cards..

I spent better part of 2 weeks fighting Vista.. while for some folks it works great however it drove me nuts and I went back to XP
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-17-2007, 05:38 AM,
I am going back to XP, life is to short for all of this Vista hell.Thanks for your help.