• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Update on Matthew Grace....
05-20-2007, 10:27 AM,
Update on Matthew Grace....
Some of you may remember when I went to the BFC forums and asked for prayers for the Grace family. Tom Grace, Matthew's father, is an avid CM gamer that uses Warmonger for his handle.

Here is an update for that situation from an email I just got from Tom today.

With the help of Steve, the HSG members and CM members on the battle front CM forum a call for prayer for Matthew went around the world. We literally kept a map with pins marking the locations on the world where people were praying for Matt. Matt not only did not die but he began to improve. In August 2005 the doctors finally brought him back to see what was happening. The tumor was shrinking!!! All treatments stopped in January 2006 but even so the tumor continues to shrink. While he is still a quad, blind and requires a vent, he is slowly regaining movement to the amazement of all. He is going to school full time with a 3.75 grade point average. We have a long way to go and we are not out of the woods but things look better than those grim days of 2004/ 2005.

There is obviously a continued need for prayer for Matthew and the Grace family. CM has brought us together and the community makes us stronger.

Thanks for your support and prayers of this family. I know they appreciate you.

Steve
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2007, 11:10 AM,
RE: Update on Matthew Grace....
Thanks for the update.

Hope the next update is even better news.
05-20-2007, 12:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-20-2007, 12:54 PM by Mad Russian.)
RE: Update on Matthew Grace....
junk2drive Wrote:Thanks for the update.

Hope the next update is even better news.

The fact that this boy is alive 2 years after the doctors told the family to take him home and make him comfortable, that he had six weeks left, is REALLY GOOD NEWS!!

The Graces are an amazing family.

When we asked for prayer, the first time, they were in Calgary at the hospital, and Tom had asked for donations for the Ronald McDonald House, since that was where they were staying.

I called to talk with Tom one day and the lady that answered asked me if I was Steve from Texas and I asked her, "Yes, how did you know?" She told me, "by your accent Mr. Overton. I just want to tell you that we have never had so many phone calls and donations to this house, for a single patient, since it has been open, until you put those requests on the internet."

I was floored. I'm never speechless, as you might suspect....but I came close to being that day.

I had spent less than an hour on the internet and we all affected that families well being, and the support of a family emergency unit in Calgary Canada, beyond anything they had ever seen.

We are always getting asked to do things, often we feel that a single person can't make a difference. Well, I'm here to tell you that you can.

I'm here to tell you that YOU, whoever YOU are, can make a difference in peoples lives. What may seem like a small thing to you can often times make a big difference in peoples lives. Sometimes you find out about it and sometimes you don't.

Make a difference now.

Pray for this family. They need your help.

Thanks.

Steve