• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMSF DEMO
07-28-2007, 11:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2007, 11:49 PM by Fullhouse.)
CMSF DEMO
Well going on the Demo aint to impressed.

I mean its alright, but Im no where close to blown away. Ive only tried RT so far, imo if a game is RT the UI and the Camera have to be flawless so the player can process and act with as little burden as possible from the interface. I think there is room for improvement in the UI and camera.

RT is important because all TCP/IP must be played in RT there is no wego, wego MP is only available in PBEM.

I suppose I just lack immersion, I dont know what the units are, but dont feel that motivated to find out like I did with ww2 stuff.

When I played the CMx1 demo's I was totaly blown away and think I purchased CMBO a few hours after trying the demo.

I am going to hang fire with this title and see how it pans out.
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2007, 12:42 AM,
RE: CMSF DEMO
not sure if the demo comes with a manual.. but if it does.. READ IT as there's a lot more info in there that makes the game easier to figure out.
07-29-2007, 12:57 AM,
I played the Demo...and its brilliant i wasn't expecting it to be this good...im definately getting the full version..ive only tried real time single player but i can imagine against a human this will be the dogs bollocks..excellant Game even better than CMx1 and it'll get better when it gets player support
07-29-2007, 01:02 AM,
Yes demo has the full manual. So far I like the game. I remember my first impression of cmbb demo. I had no idea what was going on and I did not like it at all. I couldn't get back to SP and Close Combat fast enough. I tried it again and cm kind of grew on me (like a fungus). I think it will be the same with CMx2.
07-29-2007, 06:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2007, 07:04 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
There are two scens with the demo, one is a night battle and its impossible to see anything so it's a waste of time..
The other is a 4X Stryker advance (with inf aboard) against entrenched Syrian inf which I won easily at the first attempt, I'm not at all impressed with the AI.
I mean, I simply rolled the Stryks forward until the dumb Syrians blew their cover by starting shooting with small arms (dumb shmuks, as if AK's can penetrate Strykers, huh!) then I stood off and shot them to bits with return Stryker fire, I never even had to dismount my inf..
Hey you Ay-rabs, your uncle POS has arrived in the mid-east.. :)

[Image: bouncerA.png]
07-29-2007, 09:02 AM,
DEMO SCREENSHOT -

SYRIAN - "Sir, we have a trench full of our dead!"
COMMANDER - "Hmm...POS."
SYRIAN - "But sir, how do you know POS did it?"
COMMANDER - "Body count"..

[Image: sf.png]
07-29-2007, 09:03 AM,
LOL... POS you badass!!
07-29-2007, 09:37 AM,
Well I would say the night battle is also incredibly easy to win against the AI even on eilte. The AI is very gung ho with its armour.

Still a bet meh, on this title dosnt help that the demo makes my pc cold reboot.
07-30-2007, 07:41 AM,
[Image: flagburn.png]