• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PBEM file size problem.
08-14-2007, 02:15 AM,
PBEM file size problem.
Help.....

I have a PBEM file that is 11Mb to send but both my ISP and Googlemail accounts don't allow attachments over 10Mb to be sent. I have tried zipping it and Rar'ing it but the smallest i could get it was 9.75Mb and that still failed when i tried to send it. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?

The real kicker is the fact that i only have about 8 units on my side of the battle, i don't know how many my oppo has, and this is just the setup turn. Eek

God alone knows why these files have to be so large. :mad:

Thanks in advance for any help.

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2007, 02:29 AM,
RE: PBEM file size problem.
use www.yousendit.com. It works great. I even sometimes use it when the files are only 1mb
08-14-2007, 02:34 AM,
Or simply zip it into multiple archives and send each file to your opponent.
Send this user an email
08-14-2007, 03:20 AM,
Thanks for the tips, i'll try both and see which i prefer.

Just one question though.....how do you zip a single file into multiple archives and is it a lot of hassle because i get the feeling most CMSF games are going to have large files to send to your oppo. :rolleyes:

cheers
08-14-2007, 03:40 AM,
It's a secret method to discourage wego PBEM in the new Wannabee RTS abstraction wargame generation.
You must play H2H RT only in order to achieve the maximum entertainment value and unlearning experience :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
08-14-2007, 06:44 AM,
Fubar Wrote:Thanks for the tips, i'll try both and see which i prefer.

Just one question though.....how do you zip a single file into multiple archives and is it a lot of hassle because i get the feeling most CMSF games are going to have large files to send to your oppo. :rolleyes:

cheers

The shareware winrar knows this. Enable the shell integration, right click on the folder/file and choose "Add to archive...".

Also keep in mind that a 10M binary file will turn into a 14(?)M sized attachment, because of the encoding rules.
08-14-2007, 06:49 AM,
LOL RedDevil you make laugh :-D
08-23-2007, 03:56 PM,
raz_atoth Wrote:Or simply zip it into multiple archives and send each file to your opponent.

That's what I've been doing.