• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Sniper Wars
09-22-2007, 08:30 AM,
RE: Sniper Wars
Great question, Fubar! And I guess it depends how you want to manage it with your opponent. I should think it over more, but w/o thinking before I speak (haha!), I would say.....

A progression of unit quality makes the most sense.

But most games don't use much green or conscripts by choice.

Me and Vin just set our own rule that (as far as Snipers) our Ace sniper has to outrank the other snipers, and Crack was the highest for any beginning 'ace' sniper, until he gets 5 kills, at which time he could be Elite...and the others always have to be one level lower--or less if desired--anyway.

(I proposed 5 kills to be eligable for Elite status, just based on WW1 flying aces, who were called Aces only upon 5 confirmed aerial kills).

Nobody buys too many snipers in any one game, but tanks are another story. So, beginning levels for tanks would be another standard...

But I think in any game one plays, if you are going for tank ace status, just pick 3 tanks....or something along those lines....because actual Crack/Elite/Veteran, etc., status might interfere with the game parameters........

<< these being just ''in the works'' type thoughts.....= ) >>

:conf:
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2007, 08:53 AM,
RE: Sniper Wars
Maybe a variation on the Fionn Kelly Rule could be worked in, say that the vast bulk of your armour is limited to regular skill level or lower and to the most common armour types e.g. Shermans, T-34 and PzIV's. But your three designated tank ace wannabes are allowed to be higher skill levels, if they have the kills of course, and choose the more powerful tank types e.g. FireFly's, Tigers and KV's. This of course raises the problem that they would become prime targets but then they do want to be tank aces so should expect a little heavier flak. :whis:

cheers
Quote this message in a reply