• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Balanced Months/Years for a ME
11-17-2007, 09:22 AM,
c_Question Mark  Balanced Months/Years for a ME
I've just been reading through the thread about balanced quick battles and how individual months and years may have a pronounced imbalance due to new tanks/innovations. I've also seen that there are various conventions one can apply to achieve a balanced battle.

However, what are the balanced months/years for quick battles [CMBB/CMAK] i.e. no need to apply a convention?
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2007, 10:46 PM,
RE: Balanced Months/Years for a ME
I think that most of conditions sept1944-mai1945 could be considered as ballanced
Send this user an email
11-19-2007, 10:27 AM,
MGK i'm waiting on a file from you ? wher you being ?

Walkure
11-19-2007, 12:05 PM,
It depends on the Nationalities of the forces as well as the parent unit type and force mix, not to mention the type of battle that you want to play. A ME between the Germans and Russians in '41 with KV's in use can tend to favour the Russian side, but make it an ATTACK type battle with KV's on the attack is not so unbalanced. Without using some form of unit restriction and playing only ME's, you are missing much of what is very good about the game. That is it's ability to provide huge variety in gaming. You have to think outside the box and play a Russian attack on the Romanians or assault with the Hungarians and their Toldi tanks flanked by bicycle infantry on a weary Russian Mech force with only their armoured cars in defence. There is nothing wrong with a good old '44 ME between the Germans and the Russians, but there are way more situations to play, with equal entertainment value, if you invest a little time in preparing the battle.
11-19-2007, 06:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2007, 07:00 PM by MGK(FGM).)
Ratzki you are 100% right - I hardly play "balanced" games I prefer to explore complexiti of the game :)
My favourities are
Finnish- Russians mech forces battles
Italians versus..........
Minor nations fights
Infantry only, mech only or tank only battles
attack/ defend batttles
etc
(funy thing - after years of play - yesterday I bought demolishion platoon for the very first time :)

Walkure ? send it again, it is possible that it has gone with the net's wind :)
Send this user an email