• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Command feedback?
01-08-2008, 09:25 AM,
RE: Panzer Command feedback?
Jobu88 Wrote:Actually you can view the field from any angle just like in CM. The interface is a bit clunky compared to CM but it's there. I have a two-button mouse with a central roller wheel. Hold down the roller wheel ( folks with a three-button mouse would hold down the middle button) and now you're in tilt / slew mode. you can change both the height of eye and the view left / right.

Controls are not as intuitive, but I attribute some of that to thounsands of hours playing CM and zero playing PC.

All in all, it looks like it has promise. Not saying it's there yet, but it looks entirely playable even if it's not up to CM's standard.

And the difference may be that BFC is killing CM and PC is just being born...

Good Hunting.

MR
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2008, 02:54 PM,
Jobu88 Wrote:Actually you can view the field from any angle just like in CM.

hmmm...I could get it to zoom in and out but not change angles. I also couldn't find a "unit bases" command so the units were hard to see - maybe I didn't play with it enough. If it plays like CM in the future I'm all for it...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
01-13-2008, 01:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2008, 02:07 PM by falco.)
Yes, this is one I've been looking at for a while. Definitely has potential as a successor for CM I think. For those of us getting a bit jaded with CM (like myself), this game also appears to offer a lot of possibilities as a WW2 tactical sim.

I never bothered to buy the first game because there seemed to be too many bugs/problems but PC Kharkov looks to be much much more promising. Certainly the graphics seem to be a vast improvement over CM for a start. And if some of clunky controls can be improved it could turn out to be a winner.

Certainly would make a change to own a CM-like game that the makers might actually support instead of the current situation where Battlefront actively disown any association with CM and abuse their CM playing customers with name-calling etc.

I think I will almost definitely be buying PC-Kharkov.....stay tuned!

- falco.