• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tournament Play
01-18-2008, 11:49 AM,
RE: Tournament Play
Here is some news concerning tournaments over the course of 2008 that I've got a hand in either running or supplying scenarios for.

The Inter-site tournament that should come along first is an HSG tournament.

It will host all HSG tournament scenarios that we have been working on for months now. I would like to have 12 done before we start the tournament. 4 rounds of 3 HSG scenarios each.

I can guarantee some wild fights in that group. We've had a couple of our guys experience computer problems of late so we aren't as close to starting as we would like.

There is a tournament that is coming that is tentatively targeted for June. However, I told them to take their time. When I get 12 scenarios, playtested to the point the designers think they are ready, we'll start. I'm calling this tournament the Masters Tournament.

Some of you may know of a site called The Scenario Depot II. There is a rating system on that the site that rates scenarios from 1 to 10.99. Any scenario designer that had earned a rating of "10" or higher was asked if they would supply a single scenario for a Masters Tournament. Eleven have agreed to do so. I'm in the process of recruiting one of the most experienced CM scenario designers I know for the 12th one.

Then there is a tournament that I"m helping to supply scenarios for. The "Leto's Thinking Man's Tournament". This tournament will feature the Axis Minors on the Eastern Front. If you always thought that the Axis Minors couldn't fight and that they are pushovers I doubt you'll stay in this tournament long. I have no idea what venue Leto plans on running his tournament in. To be honest we haven't talked about it.

As you can tell, I've been a bit busy trying to put all this together, and get the scenarios done and playtested for the tournaments.

We look forward to seeing you all on the CM field of battle very soon.

There has been discussion on other sites of fielding teams of 25. I would think that the Blitz could field that many as well.

At the end of each round the scenarios would be released and then could be recorded on the ladder.

Of course I could be wrong.

Good Hunting.

MR
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2008, 06:50 PM,
I like singles best.....No fear of any one dropping out on your team

cheers
01-19-2008, 09:17 AM,
What about if we do smaller groups? That would allow for easier accessibility to alternates. The sites could form more than one group if they wanted as well.

Maybe groups of 5 or 10?

Good Hunting.

MR