• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

panzer command Kharkov
04-23-2008, 10:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-24-2008, 02:44 PM by Mad Russian.)
RE: panzer command Kharkov
junk2drive Wrote:Any update? Figure out how to do it? DAR?

The update is that there is a patch due out very soon. Not going to start a PBEM that the patch will kill when it comes out.

We should be playing by this time next week.

**** UPDATE ***

The patch can be downloaded now if you register your game with them. Which you should anyway. I've patched my game and am ready now...just started looking at the game editor. Time for some scenario work I'm thinking.....HSG style.....

Good Hunting.

MR
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2008, 10:59 AM,
MR, any updates on this.....I know you're dying to start cranking out the scens.
05-02-2008, 09:06 AM,
McIvan Wrote:MR, any updates on this.....I know you're dying to start cranking out the scens.

Are you going to buy this Mac? I'm still not sold... we have CM, so why start playing something that isn't CM and never will be?

Cheers!

Leto
05-02-2008, 09:33 AM,
Just waiting and seeing, personally, much like with CMSF, although I got it in the end at a very bargain price.
05-02-2008, 12:39 PM,
McIvan Wrote:Just waiting and seeing, personally, much like with CMSF, although I got it in the end at a very bargain price.

You won't get the PC series in the bargin bin for many more years to come. It's much better than that in it's out of the box form. The first one of the series wasn't but this one is.

Still working on making my first scenario.

Good Hunting.

MR
05-02-2008, 12:43 PM,
[hirr Wrote:Leto]
McIvan Wrote:MR, any updates on this.....I know you're dying to start cranking out the scens.

Are you going to buy this Mac? I'm still not sold... we have CM, so why start playing something that isn't CM and never will be?

Cheers!

Leto

Nope it's not CM. But then neither is anything else. Including what BFC tried to pass off to us as CM. CMx1 is going to die. MAYBE in the meantime we can help develop a game series that will play as well or better than CMx1. Only different.

There were some glaring issues with the CMx1 system that weren't even attempted at being fixed by going RTS with CMx2 IMO.

PC is good now. Not as good as CM but it very well could be with the next release and all versions get updated to the latest code when you install them. Try that with CM.

It's good enough to play now and if Matrix follows through with what they say their plans are for the series, it should only get better.

Good Hunting.

MR
05-03-2008, 12:48 AM,
Mad Russian Wrote:
[hirr Wrote:Leto]

Cheers!

Leto

Nope it's not CM. But then neither is anything else. Including what BFC tried to pass off to us as CM. CMx1 is going to die. MAYBE in the meantime we can help develop a game series that will play as well or better than CMx1. Only different.

There were some glaring issues with the CMx1 system that weren't even attempted at being fixed by going RTS with CMx2 IMO.

PC is good now. Not as good as CM but it very well could be with the next release and all versions get updated to the latest code when you install them. Try that with CM.

It's good enough to play now and if Matrix follows through with what they say their plans are for the series, it should only get better.

Good Hunting.

MR

That's a very interesting, and I think, correct, philosophy. BFC is done.

Cheers!

Leto
05-03-2008, 08:46 AM,
I agree with MR. PCK is not CM and anyone buying it because they think it is will be let down.
Sadly CMx1 has hit a dead end. Maybe in the future BF will sell it off but in the meanwhile as MR pointed out, PCK is heading in the right direction and more importantly, the company is willing to listen to it's customers and even supports players who make mods and scenarios.
Hopefully one day there will be a MB here for the game.