• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fed up
07-11-2008, 06:15 PM,
RE: Fed up
raz_atoth Wrote:Btw,Phil what OS do you use?On 32 or 64 bits?

I am using a P4 CPU with Windows XP at 32 bits, I have even downloaded SP3 from Microsoft but nothing has worked. The ATI card cost me £100.00, last night I sent for an Nvidia 7600GT as most people seem to be using that one with no problems plus it only cost me £30.00. I have noticed too that my CPU fan runs into overtime when I fire up COD2 or COD4, I could swear that it never used to do that but it could just be me.
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2008, 07:40 AM,
Phil,i just managed to get CM working.You might want to downgrade your drivers,as they don't seem to properly work with CM.
Send this user an email
07-12-2008, 07:46 AM,
Which set of drivers are you using then ? are you using the Catalyst suite at all ?
07-12-2008, 09:28 AM,
Im pissed... my graphics card displays fog using windows xp but since upgrading to vista.... nada. Doesnt support fog... whats that all about??
07-12-2008, 10:28 AM,
(FGM)Phil Davies Wrote:Which set of drivers are you using then ? are you using the Catalyst suite at all ?

Yes,i am using catalyst.At first i installed the latest drivers i could find on the ATI website(catalyst 8.6,with the 8.5 drivers if i'm not mistaken).And it didn't worked.Then,i downgraded the drivers to version 8.411-there were on the CD that came with the card.And it miraculously worked Big Grin
Send this user an email
07-15-2008, 08:15 AM,
Ok I have now replaced my £100.00 HD3850 ATI card :bang: and got an nVidia 7600GT for a fraction of the price and it does just the job. Even though I have fired up CMAK and played it with out any problems what so ever I now find that when I start up BB or AK the screen resolutions which are offered none of them work and I get the mesage this only works if it's 800 x 600, tried that but it still does not work. The barmey thing is I have already played AK and now it's asking me this :censored: Can anyone offer and explanation and better still a cure :bow:
07-15-2008, 08:35 AM,
These 3 PC Help Forums usually get me out of trouble, I post the same question in each one then go back a few days later to sift through the replies..:)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/

http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/

http://forums.techguy.org/
07-15-2008, 05:31 PM,
ok all sorted now :thumbs_up: computers are great when they are working .. lol This has just cost me an 80mm case fan, CPU fan and heat sink, nVidia graphic card all because I tried (and failed) to get my ATI 3850 card working with CM :censored: