• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: What kind of tournament/competition would you like to see the Blitz host?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Historical Campaigns
45.16%
14 45.16%
League Table
3.23%
1 3.23%
Knockout
9.68%
3 9.68%
vs another club
3.23%
1 3.23%
POS style 1 game tournament
3.23%
1 3.23%
Best of the Blitz Knockout
22.58%
7 22.58%
1 mirrored match (Escape from Falaise)
9.68%
3 9.68%
vs AI... best score wins
3.23%
1 3.23%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Tournament Poll
07-12-2008, 09:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-12-2008, 09:53 AM by Bootie.)
Tournament Poll
Hi guys, just putting out feelers in regards to what tournaments you would like the CM section here to host in future. We currently have a barrel load ongoing just now with a further 4 in the works.
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2008, 07:15 PM,
RE: Tournament Poll
I vote for another inter club tourney !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
07-12-2008, 09:38 PM,
The only trouble with the tourneys is that you have to be a member of the FGM. If your running tourneys at the Blitz, why are members here almost forced to join the FGM to take part?? :chin:
If it's a Blitz tourney, then it should be open to Blitz members regardless they are FGM members or not. :rolleyes:
07-12-2008, 10:04 PM,
What's a 'POS Style 1' tourney?
What other styles do I do?
Incidentally i always throw my tourneys open to everybody regardless of what club they're in; I never bar anybody, i'll take on every CM player in the world if I have to..:)
So there's no excuse for anybody to avoid combat with me by saying "POS'd never let me sign up so I won't bother"
That's why I say to everybody- "Sign up and meet me in the blimp hangar to show us what you got"

[Image: blimp.jpg]
07-12-2008, 11:04 PM,
British Tommy Wrote:The only trouble with the tourneys is that you have to be a member of the FGM. If your running tourneys at the Blitz, why are members here almost forced to join the FGM to take part?? :chin:
If it's a Blitz tourney, then it should be open to Blitz members regardless they are FGM members or not. :rolleyes:

:hissy:

You've brought this up before and I believe I have answered it before.

Ok... for the last time.

* The FGM is easier for me to allocate sections to tournament designers. They have their own webpage to display their tournaments. They are made moderators of their own MB section.

* I dont have the powers to do this at the Blitz.

* If I did it at the Blitz I would be relying on others to keep on top of it which means more work for the limited staff we have at the Blitz.

* Ive invested money and time into paying for the site and purchasing software to design the site.

* I enjoy working on the webpages.

* If your committed to taking part in a tournament what is the problem with signing up for the FGM?

I'll tell you what I will do though... I will run a poll and ask the guys who have signed on over at the FGM if they want to keep the individual forums and web pages for their tournaments open. If the majority vote no I will close it down.
07-16-2008, 12:00 AM,
With only 20 votes in it seems the majority would like a historical campaign.

The closest is a Best of the Blitz tournament.

Get your votes in as 20 is quite a small turn out for the size of the club.
07-16-2008, 03:18 AM,
Bootie,
I really don't want to get into a war of words with you, especially what has happened here at the Blitz recently but I cannot let your reply go unanswered.

Bootie Wrote:You've brought this up before and I believe I have answered it before.

Ok... for the last time.
And if I remember correctly, you did not give a reasonable answer last time.

* The FGM is easier for me to allocate sections to tournament designers. They have their own webpage to display their tournaments. They are made moderators of their own MB section.

* I dont have the powers to do this at the Blitz.

* If I did it at the Blitz I would be relying on others to keep on top of it which means more work for the limited staff we have at the Blitz.

* Ive invested money and time into paying for the site and purchasing software to design the site.

* I enjoy working on the webpages.

Fair comments above. You own and run the FGM plus pay for it out of your own pocket. I don't have any problem with this.

* If your committed to taking part in a tournament what is the problem with signing up for the FGM?
The problem with signing up for the FGM? I belong to two clubs which are the Blitz and GS. It was my choice to join these clubs, I wasn't forced to join them.

I'll tell you what I will do though... I will run a poll and ask the guys who have signed on over at the FGM if they want to keep the individual forums and web pages for their tournaments open. If the majority vote no I will close it down.
This is up to you mate. No one has asked or demanded you do this.
So let's end the subject right now and concentrate on the games.
07-16-2008, 08:15 AM,
Thanks for your comments.

In closing I would just like to say no one has forced you to join the FGM. The FGM runs tournaments etc for Blitz members... whether they want to take part and join in is completely up to them.

I did run the idea of amalgamating the Blitz and FGM by the FGM members and they voted unanimously against it.

I do hope the answer above and in my previous post are satisfactory now.
07-16-2008, 09:18 AM,
I am in favour of the FGM staying exactly as it is, it works well so why fix what ain't broken. :)
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email