• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hi POS - Is Panzer Command Kharkov Any Good?
08-07-2008, 06:21 AM,
RE: Hi POS - Is Panzer Command Kharkov Any Good?
Incidentally the designer of PCK (Erik Rutins) actually TALKS to people in the PCK forum to discuss things and find out what they want in the next patch..:)

PCK FORUM- http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=478
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2008, 06:39 AM,
Bootie Wrote:Maybe it has a mirror in it and he is admiring himself...LOL

Actually assuming that the hatch covers in the screen captures are accurate, I wonder how many Russian tank commanders were injured when the driver accelerated quickly (or stopped quickly for the rearward opening hatches) and the hatch slammed back down on the TC's head, chest, or other body parts. If the hatches are even half the weight of a sewer manhole cover, that could kill you.

The German tendency to split the hatch in two pieces and have them open to the sides seems to be a better design for the TC's health.
08-08-2008, 04:28 AM,
That hatch cover cost a lot of Russian tank commander's their health. You see pics of German tank commander's peaking over their hatch to avoid being in the crosshairs of a sniper. No such option for the Russian tc - if he wanted to see, he had to peak around.
08-09-2008, 10:19 PM,
von Nev Wrote:Hi POS,

Your Green Light Tourney is a great read. Well done.

A while ago I seemed to remember that you might be doing a review of Panzer Command: Kharkov for the Blitz. Are you still do one? Is PC:K any good? Still playing CM:BB but PC:K might be a good break at times.

Marty

Yep....PCK is a great game. There are a small but growing band of us for whom it has superceded CM as the no.1 WW2 tactical simulator. There are aspects of the game that still need improvement (two that come to mind are the infantry modelling and non-destructable buildings) but these are going to be dealt with in future patches.

And as POS points out the developers actually talk to players at the matrix forums and take on board a lot of suggestions (a welcome change from the combative attitude shown by the folks over at Battlefront).

A few major advances over CM that come to mind - No more 'borg' spotting - only the units with a direct LOS to the enemy can actually see it. A much faster PBEM system. A choice between platoon-level orders or CM-type individual unit orders. Improved graphics. A very very good campaign system where individual units can aquire medals, experience etc.

Link for more PCK info......http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=478

- falco. :)
08-10-2008, 01:39 AM,
Sphinx Wrote:That hatch cover cost a lot of Russian tank commander's their health.

Especially the fingers when it slammed. (Don't remember where I read that)
08-10-2008, 03:30 PM,
The first patch included an F key to turn off the trees based on user requests.
08-12-2008, 02:37 AM,
Last I heard the 'trees off' patch only allowed trees to be partially toggeld off, you couldn't get rid of them all.
That's when I decided to abandon PCK.
If ever they bring out a 'trees 100 per cent off' toggle, I might reinstall the game and try it again..