• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rules Question
08-13-2008, 11:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2008, 11:32 AM by Red Bird.)
Rules Question
Infantry assaulting tanks.

I'm a veteran of tactical WWII gaming but, I have a question on game mechanics.

I know that infantry assaulting AFV's obviously have to be close to their target to use demo charges, grenade bundles, etc.

What is the specific order I use to give the order to the unit to assual the AFV? Assault or target? Or something else, entirely?
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2008, 12:31 PM,
RE: Rules Question
there are no specific orders - just get them within 30 meters of the vehicle in cover and if unspotted they will assault the vehicle on their own.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
08-13-2008, 12:37 PM,
That would be the; "Fallow Vehicle" order.
It is done by ploting a movement order with the waypoint placed on an enemy vehicle. The distance from the unit ordered to move to the vehicle is not more than 50 meters.
08-13-2008, 01:21 PM,
True, Soldier - but trust me Red Bird - you don't want to use the "follow vehicle" order -unless you want to watch your guys follow the tank out in the open like idiots and get mowed down....it's not a very good order - kind of like "seek hull down."
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
08-13-2008, 05:48 PM,
I know it can be risky sending infantry in for this attack on armour but a great move when it goes well, my self it's press the move button and just watch those guys go, well worth it.

cheers Ted
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
08-13-2008, 10:30 PM,
Yes, what Der Kuenstler wrote, simply boils dawn to an ambush.
The better way to go, providing the enemy vehicle will pass by your Inf. within 30 meters.
In some situations the enemy vehicle may have already passed by, outside the 30 meter range, etc. You have the other riskier option of ordering your infantry to chase it dawn, etc.