• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Artillery Questions
02-27-2009, 10:41 AM,
Artillery Questions
How do you set Target Reference Ponts? During set up I check the order menu on all my units and never see the option. Can you set pre-ordered strikes that will hit on the first turn?

Thanks
Scott
Schwartzer Todt
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2009, 11:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2009, 11:39 AM by Mad_Dog.)
RE: Artillery Questions
You purchase them along with your units, in the fortification tab. You can only use them in certain types of battle, not meeting engagments, and some others. There are ways to preset a bombardment for the any turn, it explains it in the artillery section of the manual. I never use them, so I don't know quite how it works.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

02-27-2009, 12:22 PM,
During the orders phase of the first turn of a battle, and only then, you may order your forward observers to fire a mission that will begin immediately. It will always be accurate. you can add time (delay the start of the bombardment) by pressing the "Q" key on your keyboard to add 1 turn each time you press "Q"....If you do this you will not be able to end the fire mission. The firing will continue until the observer runs out of ammo
02-27-2009, 12:45 PM,
Schwartzer Todt Wrote:Can you set pre-ordered strikes that will hit on the first turn?

Not in meeting engagements, but in other battle types you can.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
02-27-2009, 01:23 PM,
[Image: firem.gif]

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/FGMForum/sh....php?t=246
02-27-2009, 09:17 PM,
[/size]Hi! I have attached an Atillery 101 post that was made a few weeks ago. This may help you answer most of your questioins.
Have a good one!:)
Ivan/Shep!The "HOG Ranger and Balkan Warrior" Still Riding the "Winds of Change" on the Dubrovnik Front!