• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MB caught fire
04-14-2009, 11:57 PM,
MB caught fire
To all those who I am currently playing just to let you know that my mother board actually caught fire three days ago, I am writing this from my work PC. My PC was taken away today for repair and I should have it back early next week with an upgraded MB (and perhaps CPU if I can afford one Big Grin) till then take this chance for a fag break :smoke: before all hell breaks loose on you again :)
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2009, 02:07 AM,
RE: MB caught fire
Brought to you by Lucas Electric, the people who invented darkness?:P
04-15-2009, 10:22 AM,
I hope it didn't cause too much damage ?
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
04-15-2009, 02:52 PM,
That's the most dramatic computer crash I've heard of. How many games were you running at the time?
I hope they give you a nice fancy new one. Let me know if you need me to resend the last turn.
04-15-2009, 06:22 PM,
There wasn't any damage done to my house etc as it was only a very small flame, but it was quite hard to blow out which made me glad I was there when it happend and not just my teenage kids. The tech guy phoned me last night just to confirm what I already knew that the MB was not repairable and I would need a new one. I should get it back Tuesday but I can't afford a new CPU, the new board however will be Duo 2 capable so maybe next year I'll upgrade it, I will however be getting new RAM to suit the new board.
As for turns there shouldn't be a problem as the HD should not have been affected :thumbs_up: but I'll keep you all posted if any unwanted problems arise.
04-16-2009, 10:05 AM,
I told you to stop trying to get that real smoke generator to work on your CM games..
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-22-2009, 05:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-22-2009, 05:52 AM by Phil Davies (FGM) .)
ok just got my PC back and now I'm up and shooting back at ys all .. I get turns out ASAP Big Grin

It was the sparks and the smoke which made it really exciting .. lol just neede a few bangs to off and I'd be reaching for my tin hat :P