• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Random Air Support?
05-06-2009, 05:51 AM,
Random Air Support?
Me and Soldier are currently playing a QB, and neither of us have selected air support (i may have but am pretty sure I didn't) and an Me appears out of nowhere and immobs one of soldiers SP guns. Does anyone know if you do get random air support sometimes (ive never had it before) or did i just select it without realising?
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2009, 06:57 AM,
RE: Random Air Support?
You would not get random air support in a QB so you must have selected it. Of course, in scenarios and operations the briefing will usually tell you if you have it available.

Air support is fun to select if you play someone who likes to clump his armor all together in a schwerpunkt so-to-speak - dangerous as one good bombing can take out several tanks.

Mostly, people don't buy air as it tends to be very expensive and you give up a couple of FO's to have it. As well, you don't control it and it shows up when it wants to or sometimes not at all.
05-06-2009, 07:38 AM,
Hmm i must have picked it then, sure I woudn't have tho as I'd set weather to random so it'd have been a big risk to buy it.
05-07-2009, 08:04 AM,
Joonny Wrote:Hmm i must have picked it then, sure I woudn't have tho as I'd set weather to random so it'd have been a big risk to buy it.

You didn't pick it. Since you set weather to "random" the computer randomly gave you clear skies, which allowed planes to be bought. It is the type of weather or time of day you select which does or doesn't allow planes, so no risk is involved.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
05-07-2009, 10:15 PM,
Lol Ok i see, there are so many little nuances to this game, takes a while to get used to them.