• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HQ units and re-assigned squads ???
10-29-2009, 06:47 AM,
HQ units and re-assigned squads ???
Friends and colleagues.....I ask for your help before I LOSE MY :censored: MIND.......

Playing with the Germans. There are times when a squad will show a comand link to any nearby HQ unit, regardless of what HQ it is. Could be the battalion HQ, could be a different platoons' HQ, could be any HQ. At other times, the squad will not link to any HQ except its assigned platoon HQ. I am currently in a game in which my boys will only link to their platoon HQ, and it is causing me no end of trouble as some HQs have got killed, others were assigned special duty and I was counting on other HQs filling the bill, etc. Troops in question are Vets.

Is there some system to this madness?? Why can squads sometimes lnk to any HQ and sometimes only to their assigend platoon HQ?? I am trying to think if the same thing happens with Russians but can't recall if it does or not. Ditto for CMAK - can't recall if Ihave or haven't experienced it.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2009, 06:52 AM,
RE: HQ units and re-assigned squads ???
Strange , never happened to my squads. They are assigned to their platoon commander and every higher level (company and battalion) when not in reach of their platoon commander or when this unit is killed.

Owl
10-29-2009, 07:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-29-2009, 07:49 AM by Jobu88.)
I have experienced it before. I wish I had kept notes of the exact situation each time, like what nation and what year and all that.

Right now I have a platoon pinned down and no hope of ever getting them back in action since they refuse to link to a different HQ unit and so they are out of command.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
10-29-2009, 07:48 AM,
Here's the pictures to demonstrate what I'm talking about.

Two squads slightly to the right of a leader who has the maximum +2 command rating, but they will not link to him despite the short range (they are within visible range - he can see them).

[Image: img001.jpg]

One squad insists on linking to his platoon HQ, who is too far away to command.

[Image: img002.jpg]

The other squad is trying to link to his platoon HQ as well, but they are dead.

[Image: img003.jpg]
10-29-2009, 08:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-29-2009, 08:15 AM by Der Kuenstler.)
It looks like you are trying to command two squads with another platoon HQ. A platoon HQ won't command squads in another platoon. You have to get a company or battalion HQ over there to command them. The exception is teams like MG teams or bazooka teams - any HQ will command them. Lt. Fink there is just a platoon commander, so he can't command other infantry squads - only his own three.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
10-29-2009, 09:03 AM,
:rolleyes: I've only been playing this game for NINE FREAKING YEARS, you'd think I might remember something like that....

Of COURSE they won't link up to other platoon HQs.

LOL I gotta get more sleep and cut back on YooHoo.

Thanks DK
10-29-2009, 12:16 PM,
Awww...We all know you were really just asking that to help the newbies out. ;)
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
10-29-2009, 02:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-29-2009, 02:55 PM by wigam.)
Yeah...um.... thanks for asking that question on my behalf. ;)
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
10-30-2009, 01:37 AM,
Yes, you might have noticed that in set ups lots of squads will command link with the company headquarters because they are out of range of the platoon commander or the company commander has additional leadership bonues'. If you move the company commander away during placement then its easier to tell which squads go with which platoon. Same thing happens with crews, section leaders, and weapons platoon leaders. Exasperating but with a little patience you can get your command links set up right so that squads are reporting to the right platoon leader. I like to keep platoon integrity if not company level and keep everyone in command for obvious reasons and its always a good idea to make sure crew served weapons and guns are in command. Hope this helps.