• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NEW CMBO Scenario: Cluster Frak in Normandy
03-23-2010, 06:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2010, 06:10 PM by Bear.)
NEW CMBO Scenario: Cluster Frak in Normandy
The air drops around Du Pont were the least accurate of all drops on
D - Day. Units of the 82. and 101.Airborne Divisions were clustered together, a soldier's jargon is a "cluster frak". Command sections were widely dispersed, forcing staff officers to quickly rally any and all troopers, and then take combat command as battalion, company and platoon commanders. Here is where this mix of platoons of different divisions are given new orders and objectives by "the big brass". Disregard other orders, the order of the day is take and hold the bridge west of
Chef du Pont.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2010, 04:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-24-2010, 05:12 AM by Mad Baron.)
RE: NEW CMBO Scenario: Cluster Frak in Normandy
First I ever heard the term ''frak.'' Career army and we used a different word beginning with ''f.'' A ''cluster f__'' meant any operation or activity that was disorganized or chaotic.

Looking it up online, I see ''frak'' is sometimes used as a sanitized form of the original swear word. ;)
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
03-24-2010, 05:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-24-2010, 05:30 AM by Bear.)
(03-24-2010, 04:50 AM)Mad Baron Wrote: First I ever heard the term ''frak.'' Career army and we used a different word beginning with ''f.'' A ''cluster f__'' meant any operation or activity that was disorganized or chaotic.

Looking it up online, I see ''frak'' is sometimes used as a sanitized form of the original swear word. ;)

Thank you, I suspected you to be a gentleman; now I know you're a scholar. "Frak" is the term used in "Caprica" and "Battlestar Galactica" the same way you suggested here.
Not wanting to offend any kiddies, so I used "frak".

Bottom line is I hope y'all will play this scenario, it's pretty fuckin good.

Have a great day :smoke:
Send this user an email
03-24-2010, 10:01 AM,
Just para-phrasing George C. Scott in ''Patton''...

''Anyone that eloquent (Bear) deserves to have this scenario checked out!''

I will take a look for it! ;)
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
03-25-2010, 09:39 AM,
It should be noted that this scenario is as historical as they get.
Units, leaders, weapons, grenades and an accurate map cross referenced.
Send this user an email
03-27-2010, 10:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2010, 03:23 PM by Bear.)
Present and accounted for:
(03-25-2010, 09:39 AM)Bear Wrote: It should be noted that this scenario is as historical as they get.
Units, leaders, weapons, grenades and an accurate map cross referenced.*

Present and accounted for:

General Gavin, Assistant Division Commander
Col. Maloney the Executive Officer of the 507 P.I. Regiment
Lt. Col. Ostberg, Commander 1st Battalion 507 P.I. Regiment

*The only short fall is that the inventory for the Airborne (CMBO and CMAK) show BARs assigned. Everywhere I've researched says it's not so..."BAR is too heavy at 44 Kilos" and 4 feet long ("too awkward for paratroops"[/size][/font]
Send this user an email
03-28-2010, 10:21 PM,
RE: Present and accounted for:
(03-27-2010, 10:34 AM)Bear Wrote: *The only short fall is that the inventory for the Airborne (CMBO and CMAK) show BARs assigned. Everywhere I've researched says it's not so..."BAR is too heavy at 44 Kilos" and 4 feet long ("too awkward for paratroops"[/size][/font]

44 kilos! Hmm think that's a wee bit too heavy, see here, http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/browning.htm

Yes, the BAR wasn't on the standard equipment loadout for paratropers, but they seemed to have taken them anyway. Suppose it was the only way they could make up for not having a LMG.
03-29-2010, 01:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-29-2010, 01:35 AM by Bear.)
RE: Present and accounted for:
(03-28-2010, 10:21 PM)Kelen Wrote:
(03-27-2010, 10:34 AM)Bear Wrote: *The only short fall is that the inventory for the Airborne (CMBO and CMAK) show BARs assigned. Everywhere I've researched says it's not so..."BAR is too heavy at 44 Kilos" and 4 feet long ("too awkward for paratroops"[/size][/font]

44 kilos! Hmm think that's a wee bit too heavy, see here, http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/browning.htm

Yes, the BAR wasn't on the standard equipment loadout for paratropers, but they seemed to have taken them anyway. Suppose it was the only way they could make up for not having a LMG.

Thanx, a catastrophic error by me in converting 20 lbs to Kgms. 9 Kgms is correct.
Some US Airborne refer to the 30 cal as LMG and it was standard issue.
Send this user an email