• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBO Newbie wishes to PBEM?
07-20-2011, 07:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-24-2011, 12:25 PM by ironsnow.)
CMBO Newbie wishes to PBEM?
I just bought CMBO, Its my favarite game I've ever played! I'm a complete newbie on the tactics used, But I'm realy realy involved with CMBO, I love it!

The only game I've ever played multiplayer was counter-strike on steam for many years. When I played CMBO I found it completely absorbing,and wish to get involved in PBEM, I'm not a button twitcher I like the PBEM type gameing.

I didnt know what a wasp was untill I saw it insinarate the enemy.

Would anyone want to play a PBEM? small at first? No presure play at your own rate?

I dont like realtime anything such as chat, or realtime play.

gamers found now thanks

Mark
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2011, 07:29 AM,
RE: CMBO Newbie wishes to PBEM?
I will play you a game if you like. We can play if not for the ladder (just play for fun); or if you want to play a ladder game we can agree that your score will be no worse than a Draw, no matter what the actual outcome is. Something reasonably small would be good for a first game and we could finish pretty quick if you can get at least one turn per day.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
07-20-2011, 07:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-20-2011, 07:38 AM by ironsnow.)
jubo88, thats great! please send me a setup PBEM file [email protected] ? Its great to find a player to PBEM so quick. draw on ladder sounds great although I've never done a ladder, but will investigate it.

feel free to setup game as you think? I will send turns quick as I can probably soon after you send! PBEM quick/slow just as you wish is fine?

Mark
07-20-2011, 09:11 AM,
File sent. This is a fun scenario with some heavy hitters -- Tigers for the German, Pershings for the American. Small enough to be managable, large enough to be interesting.

We can play it just for fun if you're not on the ladder yet -- no problem.

Also I very highly recommend Combat Mission Afrika Korps -- it's the last in the series and a VAST improvement over CMBO. It covers Italy in 43 -45, so many players use it as a surrogate for the western front in 44-45. Everything about it is a 500% improvement -- graphics, game logic, orders that you can give. Everything.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
07-20-2011, 09:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-20-2011, 10:16 AM by ironsnow.)
Ok file sent, Looks great, see you on the battlefront :)

if anybody knows how to make the PBEM file visible in windows7 let me know, I had to click Join- then right-click copy & paste the PBEM file to desktop. Its probably something like admin rights or UAC in win7.

I'm going to buy all the CM(s)! AK sounds goods. cant believe they can improve it , thanks

I've got v1.12E
07-20-2011, 01:32 PM,
If you installed CMBO into "Program Files (x86)", you'll need to go into the properties of the CMBO folder and allow write privledges. Best in Windows 7 to initially change the installation directory to somewhere else, like under your Documents folder.

(07-20-2011, 09:56 AM)ironsnow Wrote: Ok file sent, Looks great, see you on the battlefront :)

if anybody knows how to make the PBEM file visible in windows7 let me know, I had to click Join- then right-click copy & paste the PBEM file to desktop. Its probably something like admin rights or UAC in win7.

I'm going to buy all the CM(s)! AK sounds goods. cant believe they can improve it , thanks

I've got v1.12E

07-20-2011, 01:54 PM,
thanks ekrommen, I changed read only flag but it changes back by itself. I will install in documents though, that sounds like it works.