• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Prisoners
09-12-2011, 09:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2011, 11:08 AM by Jobu88.)
Prisoners
Has anyone ever examined whether prisoners prevent enemy fire? If you have enemy prisoners, will enemy forces refuse to fire too near them?

I currently have a few of Cyrano's Americans prisoner and I have been advancing them alongside my German infantry mainly to keep them from escaping. But I have also got curious about whether they keep the other Americans from firing at me. "Human shields" if you will, which is a violation of the laws of war but not BLitz rules unless I'm mistaken. :happy:

"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2011, 08:05 PM,
RE: Prisoners
Might not be a good idea moving prisoner's along with attacking forces, they can be rescued by there own forces......I alway's move my prisoner's well away from the action
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
09-13-2011, 04:49 AM,
So do i, but when they are 'rescued' they stay unarmed and are not of any use!
I agree with Hedgehog because they count for many points!

Owl
09-13-2011, 08:01 AM,
Agreed, if I could have moved them somewhere under guard and left them away from the action I'd have done it. Couldn't waste the time and I wanted to make sure I got the extra points for prisoners. So I've been double-timing them right alongside my boys.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]