• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Snipers / Sharpshooters
10-12-2011, 09:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2011, 10:01 AM by Mad Baron.)
Snipers / Sharpshooters
I always enjoy employing a sniper or two in any game. Many times they score some important kills.

Here's an early game screen with a successful shot by a Finn (a side I like playing a lot in CMBB)...and a note about perhaps the highest-scoring sniper of the war.

Attached Files
.jpg   sniper.JPG (Size: 114.84 KB / Downloads: 19)
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2011, 12:18 AM,
RE: Snipers / Sharpshooters
Agree. I usually buy three Crack Snipers to button up tanks and HTs and plink leaders. Gives an edge to get my guns into action faster than the threat since they are buttoned up and can't see so well.
10-14-2011, 08:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-14-2011, 08:38 AM by Jobu88.)
Depends what you want to use them for. For tank riders or cheap scouts, I prefer LMGs. They got binoculars and they're one-third the cost of snipers.

"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
10-14-2011, 09:54 AM,
Good tips by the old hands! cheers

I tried making a side-game rule-set with one opponent some time back, when we were playing a number of games in a row, where we could track our own snipers from game to game, regardless of side we were playing--one side's sniper stats progressed, regardless of the side played in any game. Just to see what numbers could be added up.

He dropped out of sight eventually, so we never had more than 5 or 6 kills for any sniper.
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."