• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Movment order with pause question
02-22-2012, 10:16 AM,
Movment order with pause question
I looked through the manual but couldn't find it; if I give a tank a move order to a point, and then press pause for 20 seconds and then move, will the unit move/pause/move or will the AI add the pause to the start of the move so it would be pause/move/move?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2012, 11:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2012, 11:40 PM by herroberst.)
RE: Movment order with pause question
The pause is up front but there is some technique to use for example to run up an HT and unload infantry and HT then keeps moving. Unfortunately I can't remember who spoke of that technique.

Another technique to slow movement or string out a convoy on a road is to add additional waypoints (clicks) to the movement. This adds time to the movement and is helpful in avoiding traffic jams.

I suppose the technique could be to add waypoints after the drop off point in excess of the time the infantry will need to disembark...?
02-23-2012, 05:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2012, 05:20 AM by Weasel.)
I was wanting my tanks to move up to the crest, pause for 20 seconds to shoot if necessary, and then back up. I have never found my tanks survive using the S&S order.

Ahh, some useful tips right here on the CM site:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=42354
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
02-23-2012, 11:59 PM,
Try Shoot & Scoot but with distraction of opposing tanks/guns first to get them to turn their turrets and by all means button them up first and consider masking some of them with smoke and focusing on a few targets at a time.
02-25-2012, 04:23 AM,
(02-23-2012, 11:59 PM)herroberst Wrote: Try Shoot & Scoot but with distraction of opposing tanks/guns first to get them to turn their turrets and by all means button them up first and consider masking some of them with smoke and focusing on a few targets at a time.
Beware of Shoot & Scoot, look at the top of your screen when doing this order on some games you will lose points
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
02-25-2012, 05:48 AM,
(02-25-2012, 04:23 AM)Hedgehog Wrote: Beware of Shoot & Scoot, look at the top of your screen when doing this order on some games you will lose points

Lose points?
02-26-2012, 02:01 PM,
The only example I can think of that might be of help is that infantry will not dismount as long as the vehicle they're on still has a movement order, although teams like panzerfaust will. I recall a long time ago having infantry and panzerfaust on trucks that had reached a point I was content with having them dismount from. On the next turn (the trucks had already stopped), I gave each truck a pause command (clicking twice for 20 seconds), and then a reverse command. At the same time, panzerfaust teams and infantry squads got disembark commands--figuring the 20+ seconds was plenty of time for everyone to get off. On the movement turn, the panzerfaust teams disembarked before the trucks reversed out of the area, but the infantry remained mounted--to my horror--and they rode back with the trucks, unable to protect the panzerfaust teams who got wiped out shortly later.

I was told I should have given the infantry disembark commands before the trucks even started forward, and that they would have stayed put till the trucks stopped at whatever destination I'd given them.

I hope this was clear.
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."