• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Still Playing CMBO -- the Original?
01-21-2013, 09:14 AM,
Still Playing CMBO -- the Original?
I think it would be an interesting poll how many still play The Original: CMBO?

Granted, graphics improved with BB and AK, but BO was a real classic. Some of the flat terrain features were a small negative, but I still like that game myself even today. It's where I ''cut my teeth'' on more modern gaming.

I grew up on board games...then Close Combat for the pc...and then CMBO blew it all away.... Wink
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2013, 09:25 AM,
RE: Still Playing CMBO -- the Original?
I still drag it out once in a while for the nostalgia value. It's so far out of date compared to CMAK that I can't say I really enjoy playing it, but as you say it was the first computer game I was totally hooked on.

I was a die-hard board gamer in the heyday of board games in the 70's, and when CMBO came out I considered it the computer version of Squad Leader.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
02-27-2013, 08:15 AM,
Count me in for CMBO. I like it better than the CMBN as a game in fact. There are some classic scenarios there and covers the whole western front. How about a game of "Road to Wiltz"?

(01-21-2013, 09:14 AM)Mad Baron Wrote: I think it would be an interesting poll how many still play The Original: CMBO?

Granted, graphics improved with BB and AK, but BO was a real classic. Some of the flat terrain features were a small negative, but I still like that game myself even today. It's where I ''cut my teeth'' on more modern gaming.

I grew up on board games...then Close Combat for the pc...and then CMBO blew it all away.... Wink

03-17-2013, 10:40 PM,
Oh, the ''Wiltz'' scenario from CMBO? A challenge? I'm just now seeing this. The Blitz lists that one as probably balanced in favor of an Allied win, at least from the games reported. I'd like to take you up on this, but really can't work anything else in at this point in time. But thanks anyway -- maybe another time. Salute
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
03-18-2013, 05:27 AM,
Yes I am throwing down the gauntlet for CMBO/Wiltz! Who can take up this challenge!

(03-17-2013, 10:40 PM)Mad Baron Wrote: Oh, the ''Wiltz'' scenario from CMBO? A challenge? I'm just now seeing this. The Blitz lists that one as probably balanced in favor of an Allied win, at least from the games reported. I'd like to take you up on this, but really can't work anything else in at this point in time. But thanks anyway -- maybe another time. Salute

03-18-2013, 08:21 AM,
OK count me in. I'll take either side, just send me a file

[email protected]

"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
03-18-2013, 09:19 AM,
File sent! Your men just woke you up to report the sounds of panzers - Good luck holding the town!

(03-18-2013, 08:21 AM)Jobu88 Wrote: OK count me in. I'll take either side, just send me a file

[email protected]

03-18-2013, 10:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013, 10:49 AM by Foamy.)
(01-21-2013, 09:14 AM)Mad Baron Wrote: I think it would be an interesting poll how many still play The Original: CMBO?

Yes, I still play it most days, against AI and a small league - still love the explosions and shock waves !!!
Anyone want to PBEM on this or CMAK ??
(03-17-2013, 10:40 PM)Mad Baron Wrote: Oh, the ''Wiltz'' scenario from CMBO? A challenge? I'm just now seeing this. The Blitz lists that one as probably balanced in favor of an Allied win, at least from the games reported. I'd like to take you up on this, but really can't work anything else in at this point in time. But thanks anyway -- maybe another time. Salute

I will play you if you still need an opponent - email me
03-18-2013, 11:18 AM,
@ Foamy.

We received a "Contact Us" message. We attempted to reply via email and in a private message because your email address bounces back saying " mailbox unavailable".

It is suggested that you double check everything and/or use a different email address otherwise, your PBEM opponents will more than likely experience the same issue.

Thanks
03-18-2013, 12:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013, 09:53 AM by ekrommen.)
A couple other classics ..

Move it or lose it
South of Sword

I can take on another game if anyone's interested.

Edit: corrected scenario name