• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thinking of Purchasing Battles of North Africa 1941?
06-17-2024, 10:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-18-2024, 12:26 AM by Kool Kat.)
c_Question Mark  Thinking of Purchasing Battles of North Africa 1941?
Gents Smoke7

I am thinking about purchasing "Battles of North Africa 1941" to take advantage of the discount during the WDS Summer Sale, but...

Do persons play against human opponents? How easy is it to find a human opponent to PBeM Panzer Battles?

I'm happy to help and play persons who wish to engage with the Panzer Battles Series. I'm new to this series too!

"Battles of North Africa 1941" would be my first purchase of the series.

I do have PBeM experience with larger scale series like Panzer Campaigns.

Please let me know your thoughts. Smile
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2024, 09:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-18-2024, 10:00 AM by Ricky B.)
RE: Thinking of Purchasing Battles of North Africa 1941?
Hey Mike, the ladder is quiet but not dead and game requests get picked up. I would play some with you for sure. It has some gems of scenarios be David.

And I am working on another multi day Crusader battle.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
06-18-2024, 11:19 AM,
(06-18-2024, 09:58 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Hey Mike, the ladder is quiet but not dead and game requests get picked up. I would play some with you for sure. It has some gems of scenarios be David.

And I am working on another multi day Crusader battle.

Rick

Hey Rick  Smoke7

I did pick-up "Battles of North Africa 1941" today! (June 17)

Do you have some recommended scenarios by David that would make a good PBeM match between you and me?  Wink
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
06-18-2024, 01:03 PM,
Great Mike. I have played the Maleme air landings in Crete a few times and love them - the bigger ones that cover the entire area. I would suggest a smaller set of that, if it is your first time playing Panzer Battles, so we can spend some time discussing the differences for PzC. So how about #410520_02v Maleme - 5th Brigade? The focus is on Maleme airfield itself although the NZ division has a lot of depth - but fallschimjaegers will be dropping in a few different areas.

I can play the German invaders, and would share a summary of the main differences I can think of along with the first turn.

David has some great tank battles in the desert also but they may be a bit must to learn from.

Rick
06-18-2024, 08:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2024, 09:19 PM by Kool Kat.)
(06-18-2024, 01:03 PM)Ricky B Wrote: Great Mike. I have played the Maleme air landings in Crete a few times and love them - the bigger ones that cover the entire area. I would suggest a smaller set of that, if it is your first time playing Panzer Battles, so we can spend some time discussing the differences for PzC. So how about #410520_02v Maleme - 5th Brigade? The focus is on Maleme airfield itself although the NZ division has a lot of depth - but fallschimjaegers will be dropping in a few different areas.

I can play the German invaders, and would share a summary of the main differences I can think of along with the first turn.

David has some great tank battles in the desert also but they may be a bit must to learn from.

Rick

Hey Rick, Smoke7

I'm game!  Wink

Shall we play with the default optional rules?

Looking forward to our PBeM game and learning a new game series!  Big Grin

Thank you again Rick for agreeing to play and learn me some new ropes!  Whistle
Send this user an email
06-19-2024, 12:19 PM,
Great thanks Mike. I will get started on the turn shortly and shoot it over. Thanks for the game.

Rick