• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TOURNEYMEISTER RANT!!
10-23-2006, 05:50 AM,
TOURNEYMEISTER RANT!!
Ok, I'm officially going to from now on Blacklist players that let me and their opponents down!
-- and in future, I think my tourneys will probably be on an "invitation only basis!"

Please -- if you as a player can't seven tart a tourney game or even just get in touch with your opponent TWO OR EVEN THREE WEEKS after I send out the maps and parameters, your sorry ass shouldn't be in a tourney!

If you sit back for WEEKS ON END waiting for your opponent's set-up or turns without doing anything about it like hassling him and then reporting it to me -- then you're too "FRIGGIN' APATHETIC" to be in a tourney!

If you only can get out a turn rate of on or two a week -- WTF WERE YOU THINKING OF SIGNING UP FOR A TOURNEY??!

If life throws you a curveball and you can't play for a while, have the DECENCY AND MAKE THE EFFORT TO GET OFF AN E-MAIL AND LET YOUR OPPONENTS AND THE ORGANISERS KNOW!!

If your computer blows up -- how about taking a stroll to a local INTERNET CAFE and post a message here!! How hard is that??!!

RULE 1: People put in a LOT of hard work into these tourneys, SO DON'T BLOODY WELL SIGN UP WHEN YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF SEEING THINGS THROUGH AND JUST DO A DISAPPEARING ACT AFTER A FEW WEEKS!!!

I'm sick of running after players, wiping their arses and blowing their noses for them!!

Enough said -- this stuff should be obvious, right?
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2006, 06:05 AM,
RE: TOURNEYMEISTER RANT!!
Rico, I couldnt agree more. Guys like you need support. Tournies are the best thing about CM and I for one thoroughly appreciate what you and others like you do for the community. I think your approach is a sound one as I honestly cant see how else you can filter out past offenders.

If Mixmaster sees this, I sent my set up two weeks ago and have re-sent it twice.

Now you are one of the most reliable opponents I have ever had and the previous two rounds went without a hitch.

Let me know if there is an email problem etc please.
10-23-2006, 06:31 AM,
Rico that is so true.

Gary
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
10-23-2006, 06:48 AM,
I second that. My Gothic Line fell by the wayside because of a ridiculous amount of drop outs so I canned it. It was a pity for the decent players that the tourney folded as they had completed their games punctually etc. and the ones who didnt caused it to be cancelled.

Bootie
10-23-2006, 07:02 AM,
That's why, if I don't make an initial tourney roster, I'll volunteer to be a sub. I don't think subs should worry about their tourney standing. They should just be ready to give someone a good game. That's how I got in this one, afterall. Happy to do it.
10-23-2006, 07:31 AM,
I just got my turn from Mixmaster! Both games fully underway. Thanks again for this rico.
10-23-2006, 07:52 AM,
Sorry to be so late with my turns, guys (life's been busy). In my defense, I only got your turn on the 14th, Geordie, the first email must not have made it.

Thanks,
Mixmaster
10-23-2006, 08:03 AM,
10-23-2006, 08:25 AM,
Mixmaster and I are underway. From now on I'm going to start out everything with a rant. Thanks Rico.
10-23-2006, 09:58 AM,
...Aloha Rico...
I'm hoping i'm not part of your Rant...
I remember asking to be part of your Tourney...
But never heard anything,or received turns...
Maybe me missing Junk mail...i'm not sure...
I usually do good return rate...
Involved in some Huge Operations now...
And other then a few breaks,been real good about returns...
Not sure of my standing with you...
but hope it's OK...cheers
From 'da Big Island 'O Hawaii...:smoke:

GoM