• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Other Clubs/Forums
10-28-2006, 09:29 AM,
Other Clubs/Forums
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2006, 01:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-29-2006, 01:29 AM by falco.)
RE: Other Clubs/Forums
Other Clubs/Forums
"I was wondering how many guys are exclusive to the Blitz".

I dunno about being exclusive to the Blitz but I think I'm pretty exclusive.......does that count??;)

- falco.
10-29-2006, 09:13 AM,
I usually head for the Proving grounds first then head here and finally to the SZO forum. The BF message board is visited on those rare occassions when I haven't got anything better to do :)
10-30-2006, 07:31 PM,
I wholeheartedly agree about the BF message board. It seems to consist of the same few guys talking down to other members who dare suggest anything new or post something against them or BF.

I like a site where anyone can discuss anything and not have to put up with nonsense, and as you say Bob there are other places out there to do that like SZO and TPC and more, like FGM and BoB.
10-31-2006, 01:55 AM,
There's always one or two posters on EVERY messageboard that seem to enjoy dominating the board, using it to try to make themselves feel important, getting some sort of strange satisfaction at high post counts, and require other members to put up with ( or ignore ) their constant nonsense.

I try to not let that discourage me from, at least, reading productive posts on various CM messageboards.
10-31-2006, 03:36 AM,
Very true GH, I couldn't agree more. I always find that ignoring these guys is the best policy.
;)

10-31-2006, 02:09 PM,
RE:�� Other Clubs/Forums
GreenHornet Wrote:There's always one or two posters on EVERY messageboard that seem to enjoy dominating the board, using it to try to make themselves feel important, getting some sort of strange satisfaction at high post counts, and require other members to put up with ( or ignore ) their constant nonsense.

I try to not let that discourage me from, at least, reading productive posts on various CM messageboards.

HOLY CRAP!

You just described me to a tee. You either have a Ouija board or a post doctorate research fellowship in behavioural psychology at Harvard.

Either way, I'm impressed. (If it's the Ouija board, say hi to Norman Fell for me... Don Knotts was a hack compared to that guy)

Cheers!

Leto

11-01-2006, 12:01 AM,
Not sure why others don't like Battlefront's forums. They're always high-caliber, in my opinion. Smart posts on all topics related to CM and WWII, though you do have to put up with occasional grog wars, but even those can be educational. Still, they're easy to ignore. Plenty of great mods are always introduced there (and lately some funny CM comic strips). And if you want a quick answer (and not simply a jokey reply) to a question about tactics or how to use a particular command (Scoot and Shoot, say), you get several good answers right away.

Frankly, I've been disappointed by this forum. Mostly just requests to play. Which I've done myself, but there's not much meat. Maybe there used to be; I'm fairly new.

11-01-2006, 05:24 AM,
I agree - I go to Battlefront forums for good information and here for opponents. Reading all of JasonC's posts alone will drastically improve your skills...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
11-01-2006, 07:32 AM,
Hi Falco I think I'm pretty exlusive too and I think that counts :)
Blitz MB is easy to handle, for the SZO you need first an guide to use it Eek
And the point is in Blitz you get the information you need and you can write some nonesense and nobody take miff mostly :rolleyes:
So I'm in some more clubs too but for me is Blitz the really best cheers
And I hope if I apply for my pension Ive more time to part an discuss
like that ;)
Andre