• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Cheater caught and removed, again
01-02-2007, 06:32 AM,
Cheater caught and removed, again
Seems a banned cheater 101 paratrooper, tried to sneak in again.
He's been removed.

His new handle was Black_hawk, any games against this member can be reported, if you send me an email proving you had an current match.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2007, 06:49 AM,
RE: Cheater caught and removed, again
You gotta give him an "A" for effort.
01-02-2007, 06:57 AM,
Not to take away from the thread, but I'm relatively new to playing Combat Mission competively, so I'm completely in the dark about how to reasonably suspect a cheater.

What type of CM cheats should I look for? Wild luck is one --- but what other things can be done to tilt a game? I swear in one game my guys were redirected -- would that be a known cheat?

Please educate me, one of the clueless.
01-02-2007, 07:25 AM,
Just curious myself, is it possible to cheat in CM?
Did not think it was so, until now..
01-02-2007, 09:50 AM,
101 was caught editing scenario files prior to sending them to his opps for tournament play.
He was also caught using pbem helper in unsecure mode and sending multiples of the same turn by "accident"

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.
01-02-2007, 10:02 AM,
Soldier Wrote:Just curious myself, is it possible to cheat in CM?
Technically speaking yes.Every program can be cracked,every password can be breaked.
However is not something that an average computer user might do.You'd need quite some strong programming background just to consider doing it.And then you'll need time,patience and luck.In short,it's very,very unlikely you'd see someone cheating other than with simple means,like 101para did.
Send this user an email
01-02-2007, 11:33 AM,
Well done RD! cheers
As noted, this also helps protect new players to CM from cheaters at the Blitz so take heart mntineer, you have people here looking after you! :)
01-02-2007, 12:12 PM,
RE:�� Cheater caught and removed, again
raz_atoth(FGM) Wrote:
Soldier Wrote:Just curious myself, is it possible to cheat in CM?
Technically speaking yes.Every program can be cracked,every password can be breaked.
However is not something that an average computer user might do.You'd need quite some strong programming background just to consider doing it.And then you'll need time,patience and luck.In short,it's very,very unlikely you'd see someone cheating other than with simple means,like 101para did.

I agree that it is very rare. I've been a member of the Blitz for many years now, first on the CS ladder and now on CM. In all those years, ran across only one player (I could tell with high degree of certainty) that tempered with the games code itself, etc..

Anyway, enough on the subject.. :-)
01-02-2007, 12:17 PM,
Good job RD. Seems like the georgie/canuk paranoia was wrong again. Personally very glad to see those two complainers leave, and it is unfortunate that they are still causing problems here from over there. Maybe it is just my imagination, but I think the root of those guys problems has to do with the ladder scoring and ranking. They were always complaining about people playing quick battles and using ELO as a ranking system. Oh well, there will always be cry-babies.

OTOH, I am sad to see leto and zemke leave. I cannot imagine why anybody would want to read the garabe posts of those first two - but to each his own.
01-02-2007, 01:01 PM,
RE:��Cheater caught and removed, again