• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

post Cmsf glee
07-28-2007, 02:49 PM,
post Cmsf glee
well after my first day of having the new game here are a few of my thoughts

The maps are very limited. And the scenarios are all small as also the maps.
If we can remember when any of CM games came out there was always 25+ scenarios.

Quick battles. The thing I dont like is there is no points size battles and no pick your own forces, which could shorten the life of this game as most of us play quick battles these will get boring very quickly

The Graphics are top class, tanks on the move are a joy to see( it would be better to see a T34! or Tiger) . One thing I have found is that blasting at a building does not change the look of it, unlike CM where the building slowly falls apart which is shame.Also my tank would only fire two rounds of HE at it then stop and just fire MG:-(.

I hope scenario makers make some better ones, we will see how much life there is in the game.

There is alot of good detail in the game, but just feel there is somthing missing.
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2007, 04:17 PM,
RE: post Cmsf glee
Definitely agree about the QB points. I cannot believe they got rid of that. My first game I played, I was the syrians light infantry attacking a stryker group. I 4 platoons (2 squads in each platoon), plus another 6 MG teams and a couple of HQ squads (their TOE is different than what I am used to), and an 82mm battery of Ind Art. The US had 1 crack stryker platoon - 4 vehicles, 3 squads, and a HQ team.

Now that I think about it, that reminds me of random pick QBs. And that is all you can ever get. Hopefully they will change that.

However, I do like the game. Real time is actually more fun against the computer than we-go. Pbem will still be fun - and I am still looking for a game - much more fun to learn against a human.
07-28-2007, 08:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2007, 09:28 PM by Thor.)
Using the facing order whilst chaining together a series of movement orders is a little strange as well. I seem to remember reading somewhere that buildings should take damage like in the other CM games but i can't see any. :conf:

And no more Borg spotting if your using the Elite difficulty setting. Big Grin

PBEM game next i think after having my butt kicked by the AI.

cheers
07-29-2007, 05:13 AM,
Fubar Wrote:Using the facing order whilst chaining together a series of movement orders is a little strange as well. I seem to remember reading somewhere that buildings should take damage like in the other CM games but i can't see any. :conf:

And no more Borg spotting if your using the Elite difficulty setting. Big Grin

PBEM game next i think after having my butt kicked by the AI.

cheers

ROFL!!!!!!

Here's a game where the AI is better than the gamers! At least it knows what it's doing.

Good Hunting.

MR
07-29-2007, 08:35 PM,
Mad Russian Wrote:ROFL!!!!!!

Here's a game where the AI is better than the gamers! At least it knows what it's doing.

Good Hunting.

MR

Well it ain't too hard to be better than me. Cry

So MR, are you gonna get CMSF?

cheers
07-29-2007, 11:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2007, 11:26 PM by Mad Russian.)
Fubar Wrote:
Mad Russian Wrote:ROFL!!!!!!

Good Hunting.

MR

Well it ain't too hard to be better than me. Cry

So MR, are you gonna get CMSF?

cheers

Not in the foreseeable future.

Since all of my scenarios are based on historical battles and CMSF is based on a fictional engagement that's not my cup of tea.

While there is an appllication for crossover in Iraq..do you think...I'm not into doing scenarios while the guys in it may still be fighting for their lives. Or to get an email from a guy in that battle questioning my portrayal of a particular leader.

When BFC comes back to historical subjects that are 20 years old or older then I'll get onboard.

I downloaded the demo just to see how it plays.

While the graphics are alot better there are some things about RTS that I'm not a big fan of.

You guys work out the bugs in the system for me like you did with CMx1. CMBB was already out before I bought the first CM game from BFC so I've always been a late starter in this system. Nothing unusual there.

Good Hunting.

MR