• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Troops on hide
08-14-2007, 05:38 AM,
Troops on hide
Is it just me or is any body else having the problem with getting to troops to hide or if they are on hide to stop hiding and BLOODY FIRE!

Also I have found if you click on afv that is knocked out( one of yours) it still gives you a line of sight on the enemy lol.
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2007, 11:33 AM,
RE: Troops on hide
Regarding hide: No big headaches for me. Maybe you're letting them hide in open terrain. Although they will open fire by themselves and reveal their position eventually.
Send this user an email
08-14-2007, 03:58 PM,
These are in a house we no in comming fire.
08-15-2007, 10:51 PM,
in 13 mins I have got one unit to move!! to rest will not come out of hide to move or fire. Total rubbish.
08-16-2007, 11:26 AM,
Damn! Some weird things happening in your game.
I'm not experiencing any of that in mine unfortunately (always playing real time).
Send this user an email
08-16-2007, 12:21 PM,
Im not experiencing nuffin like you. I have had a couple of games where my troops refused to move or fire, but I found that stoppin the current orders and redoin them worked just fine.

I like the RTS bit, especially since you can pause and issue orders and stuff at any time as some of the missions are pretty big.
08-16-2007, 08:51 PM,
I have changed their order,s , told them to fire. Still nothing, in fact in one turn some US troops entered the buliding where they were hiding they were shot with out even firing or moving.They just laid there like lambs for the pot!!

Even my sniper wont fire and he is in cover with a good clear shot.There is one thing for sure I will not buy the CM campaign game when ( if ever) it comes out . In fact that game looks like a dead dog with 6 year old designer,s.

I wish some could get the sorce code for CM1 and carry on the game with the Far east ww2, and then Korea and so on.That would make alot more sense then this rubbish they have turned out.

I am going for a lay down now this ranting has worn me out !! lol
08-20-2007, 03:59 PM,
c_Question Mark  RE: Troops on hide
Hi,
I've got the same problems with patch 1.02. My guys don't want to disembark by using the movement options any they don't want to fire a bullet or jump up and attack when they are on hide.
Are there any solutions?
Of course I hope it'll be fixed with patch 1.03.

:cool2:Thx sofar Fubar for your help with pbem.:cool2:
Send this user an email
08-20-2007, 04:30 PM,
There is no solution all its about the abstract feel of CMSF!! I am thinking of setting up a new mod to go with CMSF its called bet which unit will move first ( B.U.M) .I think odds of 5-1 for infantry and 4-1 for AFVS.

All bets for units opening fire will not be taken because of random facts that they dont fire !!

We could have side bets for the first person to alter fire missions ( ART )

LOL What fun, Dont forget to look out for the mod called B.U.M :-D
08-20-2007, 11:35 PM,
c_Question Mark  RE: Troops on hide
Yeah,
would be fun but...
Sure I really hope they will get through these problems. I played the CMBB but not pbem. So just in case they don't fix these problems I start at the CMx1 ladder although I prefer modern combat more than WWII.

By the way is there a difference between the disembark command and the movement command to get out of the AFV?:conf:

Greetings
Send this user an email