• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

H2H approved scenario - Winter Dawn
09-22-2007, 05:24 AM,
RE: H2H approved scenario - Winter Dawn
you can't compare it with chess since we're not rating the game itself but a scenario.
visit WaT HERE!!!
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2007, 09:35 AM,
I simply meant to point out, that like in Chess both sides in the games I've participated in, knew what their opponent had in his arsenal. Just like in a chess, etc..

Therefore the game was not unbalanced, as you suggested earlier, by me knowing everything (being the designer) and my opponent playing blind knowing nothing.
That is what we are still discussing here.. :-)
09-22-2007, 11:07 AM,
Soldier Wrote:Besides, the only true and 100 percent blind game, is a QB game.
There's no way one can make absolutely sure, that a scenario will played blind anyway.. :-)

You are certainly blind if you play QB's no intelligence whatsoever...

However, the gamers in tournaments often have not seen the scenarios. They can be tournament locked and that keeps them blind for the gamers.

Good Hunting.

MR
09-22-2007, 02:20 PM,
True.
Forgot about the tournament games.. :-)
09-22-2007, 02:21 PM,
True.
Forgot about those tournament games.. :-)
09-23-2007, 01:36 AM,
Soldier Wrote:I simply meant to point out, that like in Chess both sides in the games I've participated in, knew what their opponent had in his arsenal. Just like in a chess, etc..

Therefore the game was not unbalanced, as you suggested earlier, by me knowing everything (being the designer) and my opponent playing blind knowing nothing.
That is what we are still discussing here.. :-)

1.but then both opponents know the opponents force, I don't think that a CM battle should be fought like that, not? When I test battles it's already difficult to stay neutral and fight as if I don't have intel on my opponent.
2.how can you play neutral/objective when you know your opponents force, reinforcements and reinforcements marks?
3.when the flag is neutral and you have enough power you can assault make the flag yours making it unbalanced and scoring low. when you leave the flag neutral it will get a good rating for balance.

sry m8 but I can't see a neutral H2H fight when the designer is one of the players.

maybe it's just me...:chin:
visit WaT HERE!!!
09-23-2007, 03:27 AM,
I played this as the Russians blind on two or three occasions while John was developing it. It is very entertaining and tense. Also a great change of pace if you usually play 5000 points tank-heavy games.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
09-23-2007, 03:41 AM,
Jobu88 Wrote:I played this as the Russians blind on two or three occasions while John was developing it. It is very entertaining and tense. Also a great change of pace if you usually play 5000 points tank-heavy games.

don't misunderstand me...I'm certainly not saying that it's a bad scenario or such...:stir:
visit WaT HERE!!!
09-23-2007, 03:46 AM,
I give up man!
Tried real hard explaining to you that you can not guarantee a blind game, unless it's QBs and or some tournament games, as pointed out by Mad Russian.
So in reality, the best think is to agree that both players study the maps and force size and make up, on both sides. Only now you have a truly balanced player approach to the game. Just like in Chess and that is why I equated these type of games to it.
After all Chess is the only perfectly balanced game, from terrain and force size, make up perspective.
You can't prove that this type of a game, is less balanced verses an "alleged" blind game, etc..
In fact the opposite is true!
Can you be absolutely certain that your opponent was honest and did not look over your side of the scenario?

I can not be sure that my opponent did study both sides of the scenario, after I asked him, told him, instructed him to do so either. But I don't really care. Because I did give him the option to do so, therefore if he chooses not to, I'm not the one unbalancing the game. I'm I? :-)
09-23-2007, 04:23 AM,
Soldier Wrote:Therefore it was fair game in that regard. I mean chess games are fair, weren't they!?
Both sides know exactly what each has, etc..

Bravo.. :)