• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

On a much more important note...
10-13-2007, 03:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2007, 03:14 AM by The Coil.)
RE: On a much more important note...
+hirr+Leto Wrote:And nope, it is not synonymous with clickies. I dare not taint the goodliness of it with such a despised, negative and persecuted term.

Quit with the loser talk about clickies, or I'll grog you upside the head with a taco.
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2007, 03:20 AM,
The Coil Wrote:
+hirr+Leto Wrote:And nope, it is not synonymous with clickies. I dare not taint the goodliness of it with such a despised, negative and persecuted term.

Quit with the loser talk about clickies, or I'll grog you upside the head with a taco.

But are we not losers? Pariahs that are scorned and denounced for our forbidden love? We are but an inferior race of monkey to the more advanced and articulated poop throwing apes that now have the full support of this MB. We are not fit to even grind an organ (double entendre intended), as we are now subject to the laws of the new chief organ grinder from Plymouth and resident posting fury of the Blitz. At his delight and prodding from the powers that be, may we dance.

It saddens me greatly, but this is the way of the world.

Cheers!

Leto
10-13-2007, 07:52 AM,
[hirr Wrote:Leto]
The Coil Wrote:

But are we not losers? Pariahs that are scorned and denounced for our forbidden love? We are but an inferior race of monkey to the more advanced and articulated poop throwing apes that now have the full support of this MB. We are not fit to even grind an organ (double entendre intended), as we are now subject to the laws of the new chief organ grinder from Plymouth and resident posting fury of the Blitz. At his delight and prodding from the powers that be, may we dance.

It saddens me greatly, but this is the way of the world.

Cheers!

Leto

There's nothing stopping you from starting your own threads and making headlines to my knowledge.. rather than simply wasting your efforts on POS's threads. Since you despise the man so much I can't understand the desire to even want to post in his threads, but such is the mystery..:)

I don't quite understand the mentality that your posts are not "lawful" or are subjected to scrutinies of the powers that be, in favor of anyone.. I have no favorable ties with any poster here, except for The Staff, which whom I will back up to the fullest, if so needed.

I do think however there is a certain edged distaste for POS and his posts among the community, just as much as there are ones who enjoy his presence, balancing things out.

Sadly many posters here cannot refrain from using the forums as a means to their stabs and jabs at members they dislike and the end result means a mod has to suggest alternative means.

While viewed as a supportive measure, it is actually the only means to prevent things from becoming unmanageable and resulting in loss of posting privileges as per club rules. I thought that nicely stepping in because of growing concerns from other members, was more than fair enough considering the Iron Hand regime of the past. Obviously my efforts to foster good will and allow a relaxed atmosphere on these forums can't satisfy.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.
10-13-2007, 08:29 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:Obviously my efforts to foster good will and allow a relaxed atmosphere on these forums can't satisfy.

Jesus Randy, please write this down beside your computer somewhere so that you can read it each and every time you scrutinize one of my posts.

"Leto is full of crap".

The sooner that you realize this (not just superficially like you may have understood it in the past, but really embrace the essence of it), the sooner you'll realize that it is all the ebb and flow of the MB and that in reality, no one is really ever satisfied.

That way, you know that you are doing your job.

I work 12-14 hours a day, nearly 7 days a week, and I approach posting on this forum as something less than on a serious level most of the time. That does not mean I do not have respect for it. But I do use it to amuse myself (and apparently, the Coil, as we seem to be each other's greatest - and only - fans).

I also do not hate POS at all, but consider him somewhat of a pet like my dog, but just not as clever (trust me, my dog is smarter than I am). And much like my dog, POS is both a M8 and someone who every now and then takes a crap indoors when he can't make it to his real doody duty area.

And as with my dog, I play with him, wrestle with him, and eventually demonstrate my dominance over him, showing him who is the master. Again, almost exactly like with POS, although I dominate old Mick on the CM battlefield and play fetch with him on the MB's.

Mick may at times clamor for attention (okay, understatement alert) and troll and bait and post sheer nincompoopery, but he is as loose as a goose as he does it. He also only uses claims for protection or punting of the hooligans talk, placing you as leader of the brutesquad, because he knows its a gag, and that it gets under the skin of some here (and some no longer able to post here). In a nutshell, Mick can look after himself, and I think anyone that meanders into a waste deep in self aggrandizing ka ka that is a POS thread, one should, as you have so aptly pointed out, realize this fact, and toss the grain of salt over shoulder and wade right in.

Now I understand that some people may be emailing you as to their distaste for this hooliganery, but these people really do need to get an enema and or good gummer, perhaps simultaneously.

All this nonsense about 'childishness and unbecoming talk' is truly unrealistic and over the top just wrong. The term adult should be openly defined as 'someone larger in physical size', as we all regress into childishness and nincompoopery. Just look at our political leaders for evidence. All grown adults trying awkwardly to act like grown adults. Only a very small few actually ever pull it off.

If a society of MB dwellers need constant shepharding, you shouldn't just look at the sheep. You need to consider the shephard as well. Much like you have said in the past, we can avoid any thread we don't want to read. There is no bully with a wrench holding your arm at an odd and painful angle making you read stuff.

Chances are, if you read a Coil thread, you know what you are going to get (if you don't, then the Coil has probably got a nice big diaperfull he can show you for an illustrative point). If you open a POS thread, same thing (the diaper is much bigger and is a bit runny down the sides). Open one of mine, and you probably don't want the explicit graphic of it elaborated upon as to what it represents, unless your stomach is made of iron.

If someone is fluffing up a good constructive post that many people are contributing to, delete the nonsense, no questions asked. That I support. Continued malicious trolling, get rid of it, that I support. But when the nature of what time we invest here becomes a look over your shoulder set of propositions each and every time we post something inane and askance, then that is just plain wrong.

I guarantee you, outside of this exact post and most of everything else that I write on this board, people actually enjoy reading the jocular and sometimes even marginally witty travestations of MB etiquette (yes Coil, you again).

Now, I must return to the cold hard science of academic crapola from which I have been spawned, and continue plying my efficacious skills in boring even learned people out of their mind.

Cheers!

Leto
10-13-2007, 08:48 AM,
That is a very good reply there Leto :)
cheers
10-13-2007, 09:10 AM,
The Coil Wrote:
_UXcva Wrote:Sorry a bit OT... but would it be possible to get the new post "button" back on the Tournaments thread? :group:

OFF TOPIC POST IN MY THREAD!!!!

McIvan, for gosh sakes, MODERATE HIM! And then give him an award for "Most Difficult Name to Pronounce".

_UXcva is hereby moderated to the nth degree! He's so weighed down in moderation he can hardly move. He's SO moderated he serves as the median in maths quizzes. He's SOOOO moderate the girls don't think he's nasty or irresistable...he's just "nice". He's SOOOO moderate he stops after the first beer.

This fate awaits all that call down the wrath of....the MODERATOR.
10-13-2007, 09:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2007, 09:19 AM by RedDevil.)
{hirr}Leto Wrote:"Leto is full of crap".

I think this is front page material Big Grin

*** added, be sure to catch it on the quotes bar someday...

I think you have more fans than you think, they just don't give you clickies, because they know you're addicted... Whip

hopefully those who need the enemas will read into the message here and let things flow.:chin:

cheers
10-13-2007, 09:18 AM,
Methinks there is a certain self-deprecating nature to Leto's posts that needs to be kept in mind. Far, far, at the back of the mind, occupying a small portion usually reserved for obscure national geographic articles we read when we were eight for a school project, but kept in mind nonetheless Big Grin
10-13-2007, 09:26 AM,
nothing escapes the insanity...

[Image: letoquote.gif]
10-13-2007, 09:27 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:nothing escapes the insanity...

[Image: letoquote.gif]

I LIKE!

No no...

I LOVE!!!

: )

Cheers!

Leto