• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMSF Being bad implies TOW is bad?
11-02-2007, 06:40 AM,
Off Topic  CMSF Being bad implies TOW is bad?
List,

Since I can't trust BF's forums on the quality of their games, what do you guys think of TOW, the latest patch that is.

Is the consensus bad or good?

hiroo
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2007, 07:26 AM,
RE: CMSF Being bad implies TOW is bad?
It was another letdown... Some people liked it, but it had some really big flaws to it.

Sort of like Schlock Farts.

Cheers!

Leto
11-02-2007, 09:20 AM,
Have you tried the demo? It will answer a lot of your questions. For me it seemed like a beta for CMSF. Infantry had no cover and died like flies. The enemy tanks could not miss. Wasn't very satisfying for me.
11-02-2007, 03:53 PM,
Thanks Tanker.

Man, aside from HPS, the quality of games has really, really hit rock-bottom.

This is very distressing.
11-02-2007, 08:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2007, 08:08 PM by Fubar.)
That's because wargames, like decent flight sims, are a dying genre.....all the effort goes into RTS's and FPS's at the moment.....mind you Crysis and TF2 are bloody good it must be said. Big Grin

It's only grogs and a handful of sprogs that play wargames now. :(

Thank god for current games like SH3 & SH4 and their mod communities. :bow:

cheers
11-02-2007, 11:59 PM,
For fairness, it should be noted that TOW was not a Battlefront developed product, they only published it. Doesn't excuse a bad game, but I do not think there was any link between TOW and CMSF.

I will agree with Fubar that the best games right now are the ones with avid mod communities. Ubisoft and to some degree Matrix Games benefit greatly from active modders for many of their games.

I like that Matrix seems to accept many modders into the fold and actually develop new commercial games or new versions of games with thier help. For example the recent Matrix Edition of the Campaign Series incorporates a bunch of user-mods that had been already made, as well as making the game work with Vista and polishing some rough spots that had long been requested.

It does say something though that many of the games I am currently playing are based on games originally developed between 3 and 10 years ago. Eek
11-03-2007, 02:45 AM,
We got lots more coming for the CS games community :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.
11-03-2007, 04:48 AM,
Having been an avid CS player once upon a time I read with interest that Matrix have incorperated user made mods. the only reason I started playing CM was because of the random map generator, I got tired of fighting the same old battles in CS. Will there be a random generator in CS ? and the old truck and HT use also have these been addressed ? :)
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
11-03-2007, 10:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2007, 10:57 AM by Okimaw.)
I was just wondering is there a no cd thingy kicking around for this thing yet?
I remember Canada's Forgotten Veterans

http://www.vcn.bc.ca/~jeffrey1/tribute.htm
11-03-2007, 06:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2007, 10:18 PM by falco.)
Panther Bait Wrote:For fairness, it should be noted that TOW was not a Battlefront developed product, they only published it. Doesn't excuse a bad game, but I do not think there was any link between TOW and CMSF.

I will agree with Fubar that the best games right now are the ones with avid mod communities. Ubisoft and to some degree Matrix Games benefit greatly from active modders for many of their games.

I like that Matrix seems to accept many modders into the fold and actually develop new commercial games or new versions of games with thier help. For example the recent Matrix Edition of the Campaign Series incorporates a bunch of user-mods that had been already made, as well as making the game work with Vista and polishing some rough spots that had long been requested.

It does say something though that many of the games I am currently playing are based on games originally developed between 3 and 10 years ago. Eek

Yes, it seems Matrix Games are the last hope for serious wargamers (ie. non-FPS & RTS games). Many, many excellent games there including my own personal favourite non-CM ones, the SSG series (KP,BIN,BiI & now of course Battlefront [not the company]).

And speaking of Matrix, I see Panzer Command 2 is gonna be arriving shortly. Hopefully this one might be free of some the deficiencies that were prevalent in the first one. Then maybe it can be considered a successor to CM that some originally saw it as.

- falco