• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HERROBERST BEATS THE POS STACK AGAIN!
11-08-2007, 06:18 AM,
HERROBERST BEATS THE POS STACK AGAIN!
Just teasing you POS and a bit premature:) . We played Chaulnes scenario for CMAK and I was fortunate enough as Allies to put another hurt on POS' dreaded "stack of armor" doctrine despite his gallant defense:whis:. The overall result might be a draw or minor victory but the burning pyres of the stack (Tigers, Panthers, PzIVs, Marders) suggest that maneuver can defeat it:happy:. Of course, my Shermans took some hits as well Eek.

I enjoyed the game, POS, and hope we can play again sooncheers.
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2007, 09:27 AM,
RE: HERROBERST BEATS THE POS STACK AGAIN!
Shame on you Vic... don't you know Mick is a senior citizen with several distressing handicaps? It's cruel to pick on the elderly like that.

BTW, do you know if he has received my emails? I've sent him two letting him know that he's up to bat, but have heard nothing...

Cheers!

Leto
11-08-2007, 09:29 AM,
Has it finished mate? That's news to me!
I've still got some tanks and shreks left and can do a lot of damage with them..Send the next file when you've finished patting yourself on the back..;)

And to put things into perspective -
You offered me choice of sides in Chaulnes so I chose German even though I knew I'd only have 16 tanks (Tigs/Panths/IVH's/Mards) against your 34 -repeat 34 - Fireflies/Sher75's/M10's/Stuarts.
Plus your infantry was bristling with bazookas..

In other words I knew I'd be outnumbered by more than 2 to 1 but did it bother me? Nah, how kool is that..:)
At the moment I count 14 of your tanks lying dead..

And half my tanks are only regulars (little girls) which as usual won't obey orders, thereby giving the scenario an unrealistic feel..
If I'd had an all-vet force (real men), I'd have stopped the Sherman tsunami no problem..:)
11-08-2007, 09:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2007, 07:59 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Leto quote - BTW, do you know if he has received my emails? I've sent him two letting him know that he's up to bat, but have heard nothing...
--------------------------------------------------

That's your story mate...
You've been dodging a Tigers v Fireflies rematch for 12 weeks now..
And you completely dodged even entering Brits v 21Pz..

But that's all academic anyway, I've said all along I'm leaving Blitz as soon as the Pripet Tourney's finished, and it's just finished..:)

I do all my serious fighting in the Wargames-Player Club where I've been a member for the past 3 years, (Played 13 there so far this year and Lost 0) and its a bit too draining to do stuff at Blitz at the same time.

However I might pop back here from time to time with a new Challenge Competition or whatever when I feel like doing some slapping around..
(I played a total of 22 Tigs v Firefs/ Brits v 21Pz and only lost 5, catch mah drift boy?)

[Image: WPCTIA.png]
11-08-2007, 09:59 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Leto quote - BTW, do you know if he has received my emails? I've sent him two letting him know that he's up to bat, but have heard nothing...
--------------------------------------------------

That's your story mate...
You've been dodging a Tigers v Fireflies rematch for 12 weeks now..
And you completely dodged even entering Brits v 21Pz..

But that's all academic anyway, I've said all along I'm leaving Blitz as soon as the Pripet Tourney's finished, and it's just finished..:)

I do all my serious fighting in the Wargames-Player Club where I've been a member for the past 3 years, (Played 13 there so far this year and Lost 0) and its a bit too draining to do stuff at Blitz at the same time.

However I might pop back here from time to time with a new Challenge Competition or whatever when I feel like doing some slapping around..
(I played a total of 22 Tigs v Firefs/ Brits v 21Pz and only lost 5, catch mah drift boy?)

[Image: etcha2.jpg]

Alright, looks like POS is not interested in playing... you're up Vic...

Cheers!

Leto
11-09-2007, 03:15 AM,
POS, POS, POS, I was only kidding around. Sorry if you took offense. I think the game will be a tie or maybe a minor victory. As you say, I have suffered heavy losses as well. Good, fun game I thought. Play another?
11-09-2007, 07:54 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:But that's all academic anyway, I've said all along I'm leaving Blitz as soon as the Pripet Tourney's finished, and it's just finished..:)

Picture me asking this in as unbaiting a tone as possible, given that certain elements on the board tend to level threats and personal attacks upon me if I venture into the area of "baiting":

Given that you've "left" the Blitz several times already and yet you are still here posting, are we to actually believe you this time, or is this another publicity stunt?

I'm not sure which smiley best conveys utter seriousness of tone, so whichever you think it is, picture it here:
11-09-2007, 10:48 PM,
Old Spiker leaving the Blitz? Nah, he's teasing again :)
He enjoys himself too much to leave for good ;)
11-10-2007, 09:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2007, 10:06 PM by Pol.)
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Has it finished mate? That's news to me!
I've still got some tanks and shreks left and can do a lot of damage with them..Send the next file when you've finished patting yourself on the back..;)

And to put things into perspective -
You offered me choice of sides in Chaulnes so I chose German even though I knew I'd only have 16 tanks (Tigs/Panths/IVH's/Mards) against your 34 -repeat 34 - Fireflies/Sher75's/M10's/Stuarts.
Plus your infantry was bristling with bazookas..

In other words I knew I'd be outnumbered by more than 2 to 1 but did it bother me? Nah, how kool is that..:)
At the moment I count 14 of your tanks lying dead..

And half my tanks are only regulars (little girls) which as usual won't obey orders, thereby giving the scenario an unrealistic feel..
If I'd had an all-vet force (real men), I'd have stopped the Sherman tsunami no problem..:)

I had the honour to play this one against Herroberst too. I was playing German side and held on to both flags, lost tiger, panther, 2 marders and 2 PzIV. And I am not a seasoned player. Don't think Germans have such an inefficient force, 34-16 odds seem bad, but most of allied tanks are sherman 75, which cannot handle big cats from the front at all and have problems from sides. They have only 3 firefies and 3 M10. And I think it is logical, that odds are against the defender, isn't it?
Calling the sherman wave tsunami describes the situation in this scenario very well though.
Tank battle is the key factor in this scenario. I used strengths and weakneses of all my tanks: panthers were on overwatch showing only their front plates, marders and pzIV in keyhole and ambush positions, tigers doing their usual job: being in the middle of the battlefield and shooting all around. I didn't encounter any problems with the crew quality.
Even though I won, I was quite impressed by Herroberst's tactics and stealthy movement. I learned a lot from him. Very enjoyable secenario.
11-11-2007, 08:42 AM,
So as I understand it...HerrOberst had played this scenario before? I suppose that is ok as long as Pos knew that.