• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Electric Gun Event (off topic)
12-21-2007, 03:35 AM,
Electric Gun Event (off topic)
A bit tired of computer war? Looking for real time real life simulated combat?

Those of you into AEG and gas gun Close Quarters Battles should check out www.mindgame-productions.com. They are doing an African scenario, Washing of the Spears, on 26 January in Ocala, Florida.

This hobby uses electric and gas replica weapons, mine is an M-4, with authentic gear (sort of like reenactors). THe guns fire plastic BB's. It is an offshoot of paintball. There are also grenades, claymores, LAWs, and armored vehicles.

It was my pleasure to lead my 120 soldiers to victory as Blue Team during a MOUT battle several months ago. Hope to see you there.

Those of you looking to break into this hobby can sign up as militia and if it interests you can try to network onto an established team.
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2007, 02:42 AM,
RE: Electric Gun Event (off topic)
Looks like fun Vic. How much does the weapon you have cost?

Kind of funny to imagine a bunch of white guys pretending to be African militias.:)
12-22-2007, 03:44 AM,
Suggest direct email after this. AEGs come in all prices. Mine was $360 and I added a holosight and light but you can get less quality weaspons for much left or used weapons... high end can run to $thousand(s). Best thing to do is decide which side you want to play and buy that weapon, i.e. AK or US/European. If you come as militia I can almost guarantee you'll play. The FPS must be at or below 350 FBS but they can scope this for you when you buy.
We do have African American players but not that many and most of those are members of established teams. Please check out the mindgame website for more info and links. I play to command so I don't play that much (not into shooting BB's) but they have asked me back for this one. If you google AEG you will find lots of links too... it is an expanding hobby with a broad cross section of people playing. If you play I recommend respecting the hobby and getting the basic gear... Matrix movie wannebe's that show up in a trench coat and two cheap Mac-10s are not appreciated too much (but as a first timer and commander I found the group respectful and pleasant to interact with... no stupid tribal thing).
12-24-2007, 02:41 PM,
vIC

ME AND MY BOYS HAVE CHASED AND SHOT EACH OTHER HUNDREDS OF TIMES ( OOPS sorry for caps) in the woods behind my house. BTW i wasn't aware that teams actually played this. i was in a paint gun team in the 80's. when flintlock were used noe we still play but don't belong to any teams. Ocala is only 2 hr's from my house . do you live in florida

Walkure