• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Command feedback?
01-06-2008, 11:32 PM,
Panzer Command feedback?
Has anyone seen / played Panzer Command?

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/game.asp?gid=327

I have zero experience with Matrix, just curious if anyone has tried this one.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2008, 12:27 AM,
RE: Panzer Command feedback?
I believe MGK played the demo and that made him back out of buying the full version.
01-07-2008, 12:36 AM,
Played the demo...not worth buying it...too much CMlike but with other controls...
visit WaT HERE!!!
01-07-2008, 02:03 AM,
Koen Wrote:CMlike

This is a bad thing?
01-07-2008, 05:49 AM,
Downloaded the demo and tried it out. Seems to combine the basic mechanics of CM with the feel of Theater of War. Not very good in comparison to CM based on 30 minutes of "testing". Although the graphics / terrain are very good.

On the other hand, it claims that you can lead a core unit through multiple battles, gain experience, win medals, etc. Something I wish CM offered.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
01-07-2008, 06:40 AM,
The sequel, PC Kharkov, will offer much more. Check out it's forum at Matrix.
01-07-2008, 02:26 PM,
It sounds like it may be moving in the right direction.
01-07-2008, 07:59 PM,
Well, it wouldn't take much to get it up to the level of CM in my opinion. Most of the game functions so similar to CM that the learning curve would be pretty flat, and the graphics are great. And it would probably be a good thing to have the game company still stand behind and support their product....
01-08-2008, 04:34 AM,
I played the demo today for a few minutes and was not impressed - it makes you view the battlefield from just one angle and the controls are not near as intuitive - it looks a little bit better than CM but not worth the tradeoff of loss of playability.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
01-08-2008, 07:08 AM,
Actually you can view the field from any angle just like in CM. The interface is a bit clunky compared to CM but it's there. I have a two-button mouse with a central roller wheel. Hold down the roller wheel ( folks with a three-button mouse would hold down the middle button) and now you're in tilt / slew mode. you can change both the height of eye and the view left / right.

Controls are not as intuitive, but I attribute some of that to thounsands of hours playing CM and zero playing PC.

All in all, it looks like it has promise. Not saying it's there yet, but it looks entirely playable even if it's not up to CM's standard.