• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
02-21-2008, 10:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2008, 12:41 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Lord Bane takes out a Firefly..

This pic is worth posting because it shows how in CM you can sometimes be knocked out by something which can see you, but you can't see it.
My Firefly was buttoned and therefore half-blind and couldn't see what was shooting at him. Whatever it was fired several times and the sound (medium gun?) came from the circled area, the German icon there reads 'Assault gun', so I presume that's what got him, or it was an invisible gun in the woods up there, I just don't know (sniffle)..
[Image: LBd.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2008, 11:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2008, 04:46 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RESULT JUST IN - Feldfebel beat POS

[Image: Feld-endA.png]

With Feldfebels panzers streaming around and behind them, these Tommies found themselves pocketed..
[Image: Feld-endB.gif]

GAMES FINISHED SO FAR (Feb 21st) - 4/23
POS-beaters listed in order of finishing, NOT in order of highest scores)

DasTiger beat POS
Elltee beat POS
Jobu beat POS
Feldfebel beat POS

POS record so far - Played 4, Won 0, Lost 4

Gosh that's 4 straight defeats, maybe I've bitten off more than I can chew with this one, there are 23 games in Trident, and each game consists of 3 battles; that's a total of (gulp) 69 battles..
12 battles are finished, only another 57 to go before the competition ends at midnight March 31st, ha ha ha..:)
[Image: tired.jpg]
02-21-2008, 03:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2008, 03:29 PM by willow.)
Combat Wombat Wrote:Okay, is there anybody else besides Marshall who doesn't want me to post screenshots of your tanks killing mine?..;)

Mate ! I'd love more shots of my tanks killing yours ... actually a screen shot of my tanks doing anything besides what they are actually doing ... y'kow - exploding, being abandoned, burning ... Cry ...

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Here's a shot of a veteran platoon of my Hetzers in the mixed sector, all but 1 knocked out by turn 5 (and the survivor has its gun damaged). Not so bad in the other sectors - yet...

[Image: Wil-Het.png]
02-22-2008, 03:20 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Wombat schrecks my Firefly..

One shot, one kill at over 100 metres, I heard a whoosh but never spotted the shooter until after the tank was hit..
[Image: Wom-schk.gif]
02-22-2008, 03:47 AM,
willow Wrote:y'kow -

i'm just curious what a y'kow is. Some strange Canadian half-breed - like Leto and/or Ratzki's sister :grin2:
02-22-2008, 05:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2008, 05:41 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Willow just asked me -"I couldn't resist posting a screenshot of my own in the Trident forum - hope that's OK? It loaded as a thumbnail. I guess I'll need a bit of practise to get screenshots to show in the body of the post"
----------------------------------------------------------------

Post as many screenshots as you like mate, same goes for everybody else..:)
You must be using a different method than me, that's why yours appeared as a thumbnail.
I do all mine with Photobucket, its a piece o' cake.
Go register with them if you like (its free) and i'll tell you what to do next..:)

http://photobucket.com/

Hey, to demonstrate I just ran your Hetzer pic through Pbucket, right-click on this pic below, then 'Properties' to pick up the Address code, then go edit the code into your Trident post if you like and delete the thumbnail code to see how easy it is..:)

[Image: Wil-Het.png]

PS - Another thing we can do is re-size pics before putting them through PBucket like this -
(right-click to pick up the address code if you prefer editing this larger one into your original post)
Don't worry about the blurry unit datastrip at the bottom, that can easily be sharpened up by a couple of clicks in future pics..
[Image: Wil-Hetzer.gif]
02-22-2008, 07:03 AM,
Colonel Talvela Wrote:
willow Wrote:y'kow -

i'm just curious what a y'kow is. Some strange Canadian half-breed - like Leto and/or Ratzki's sister :grin2:

I know Col. T. that you are taking a shot at us Canucks.:stir:We have enough problems with the language without it being pointed out to us. So I am gonna just hang up my touque, sit here on my chesterfield, crack open a beer with more then 1% alcohol, and give my son a pop. This way I wont be oot and aboot causing mayhem. So have a good day, eh.
02-22-2008, 07:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2008, 05:09 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - RNLTigers gun nails a Sherman..

Aargh I knew the gun was there after seeng it ages ago, but completely forgot about it and walked my Sher 75 straight into its line of fire and it lets fly with a wicked pointy shell..
(By its dull thump I'd say its a 76mm)
[Image: RNL-gun.gif]
02-22-2008, 08:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2008, 09:02 AM by Colonel Talvela.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - El Colonel's Bazooka men have tea time with POS sniper

Dont know that I have even seen something like this happen before. My zook races into a building, and ends up 5m from a German. They sit next to each other for 21 secs - swapping pictures of their young ones and sharing strudel and smokes. Turns out POS's sniper grew up in New Braunsfel, Texas.
[Image: zook6.jpg]
02-22-2008, 09:05 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Owl's schreck guy shoots while burning..

But his shot fell short(white dotted line)
Three of the Sherms returned fire and he crawled back into the woods and vanished..
[Image: Owl-schk.gif]