• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
03-02-2008, 07:13 PM,
RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
How do we report... 1500 meet ?

Thanks John (B50)
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2008, 08:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2008, 09:05 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
john B50 (FGM) Wrote:How do we report... 1500 meet ?

It won't ask for Meet, just select 'CMAK Quick Battle 2000 points'..;)
I'll go edit it into the memo..
03-02-2008, 09:03 PM,
CLARIFICATION for all enthralled viewers of this stunning Trident thread

Don't worry if you see something like 'This post was last modified: Today 12:47 PM by PoorOldSpike' under many of my pics and posts, it simply means I've added an edit to make it even better.
For example after I post a fantastic screenshot,somebody might ask me a day or two later something like "Were those Shermans moving or stationary?....Did a mortar treeburst get that halftrack?...Was that Hetzer penetrated in upper or lower hull front?...What range did that bazooka fire at?....Were those panzers hull down?...etc"
So I go back and edit a clarification into the text, or even re-do the whole picture to make everything clearer, I'm kewl..:)
03-02-2008, 10:38 PM,
Quote:This pic illustrates a recurring dilemma of Trident, where the only way of stopping enemy Hetzers is to buy Fireflies which can penetrate them frontally.

I recall drilling a couple of your Hetzers with the 76mm Sherman, one of them from almost a direct front shot. :cool: Fireflys of course are better, but the 76mm L52 on the Sherman or the M-10 can kill Hetzers too.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
03-03-2008, 12:42 AM,
HETZER FRONT ARMOUR TESTS
All at 200 metres.

FIREFLY (AP shot)
(I stripped all the tungsten ammo away in the editor)
The Fireflies ripped the Hetzers apart, no problem, they didn't even need tungsten to penetrate the tough upper hull
[Image: Firef-AP.gif]

SHERMAN 76mm (AP shot only)
The Hetzers upper hull just shrugged off the AP
[Image: Sh76-AP.gif]

SHERMAN 76mm (Tungsten only)
Most of the upper hull hits were only partial penets but they began adding up and the Hetzers started to crumble
[Image: Sh76-Tung.gif]

CONCLUSIONS
The Firefly is king against the Hetzer even with only AP ammo.
The Sher 76 needs tungsten against the Hetzers upper front armour but they're still only mostly partial pens.
It can easily pen the Hetzers lower front hull even with AP.
03-03-2008, 05:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2008, 05:19 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Warhammers Stug nails Sherman..

That city's like the set of Death Wish, you can't take a peaceful stroll without getting mugged..
[Image: Warh-sher.gif]

[Image: DW.jpg]
03-04-2008, 05:07 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Warhammers German infantry can take it and dish it out..

Main pic - Trapped with their backs against the river, they take a tremendous pounding from my 3 Shermans (note craters from the shellbursts)..
Inset right - Suddenly my Sherman leader is decked by a schreck, I heard the whoosh but can't spot the firer..
Inset left - There he is later in the turn, laughing as he crawls away to safety with his mate..
[Image: War-sck.gif]
03-04-2008, 09:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2008, 09:24 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RESULT JUST IN - Willow beat POS

Willow dominated the city and woods sectors. The blue circle in the woods sector is Willows truck which broke through..
[Image: Will-endA.png]

My Brit infantry could make no headway against the church bastion in the woods..
[Image: Will-endB.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

CURRENT LEADER BOARD (March 3rd)

I was going to keep the scores secret til the end of the tourney, but more and more competitors are asking me to post the current standings, so to put them out of their misery here are the POS-beaters in descending order -

RNL Tiger (total vic 90-10) = margin 80
Lord Bane (maj vic 83-17) = marg 66
Marshall666 (maj vic 73-27) = marg 46
JohnB50 and Owl (maj vic each 72-28) = marg 44
Colonel Talvela (tac vic 67-33) = marg 34
Odies (tac vic 65-35) = marg 30
Das Tiger (tac vic 64-36) = marg 28
Feldfebel and Jobu (min vic 59-41) = marg 18
Willow (min vic 57-43) marg = 14
Huzaar (draw 52-48) = marg 4
Elltee (draw 51-49) = marg 2

So RNL Tiger is the current front runner to lift the trophy.
But there are still 9 more results to come in before the tourney ends midnight March 31st..;)

POS record so far - Played 16, Won 3, Lost 13
03-06-2008, 12:06 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Zilkins schreck guy takes on 3 Shermans..

Two are standard Sher 75's but he has a go at the Firefly in the middle, but missed (inset), and was suppressed by their return fire..
[Image: Mik-shk.gif]
03-06-2008, 12:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2008, 12:22 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Fluidwill's American heavy artillery plasters the village..

It already knocked out a panzer in an earlier screenshot, and now it gives the ville a second dose..
[Image: Flu-town.gif]