• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBB PBEM Video
05-02-2008, 02:16 PM,
CMBB PBEM Video
I recently had a very intense PBEM match with a friend. I was attempting to put together a video AAR but that just got too darn big and too much work so I settled for a shorter clip of the action. I've enjoyed reading all those excellent AARs that maybe you'd all get a kick out of this video.

I warn you though I'm no Spielberg.Big Grin

The Charge

Cheers.
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2008, 02:53 PM,
RE: CMBB PBEM Video
Thanks for taking the time to make the video, I think that it is very much worth the watch.
05-02-2008, 03:04 PM,
I managed to recognise the scenario....started playing it once, but the opponent disappeared, can't remember who it was now. Anyways....what I wondering was: who won? Score? Number of vehicles destroyed on each side etc?

Gotta have all those result stats :)
05-02-2008, 04:31 PM,
that was awesome. LOTR score?
05-02-2008, 05:03 PM,
You put that together well, well done
05-02-2008, 05:24 PM,
good job

You should try to lock the camera onto a tank, this way you have an onboard camera....Whip
visit WaT HERE!!!
05-02-2008, 11:29 PM,
Very nice.
Keep up the good work.
warhammer11a
05-02-2008, 11:51 PM,
Looks like some of those german AFVs were caught with their pants down there - lol - nice music...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
05-02-2008, 11:57 PM,
Thank M8, very well done... now if I can only find a way to do AAR videos that allow me to use fart jokes...

...hmmmmm.

: )

Cheers!

Leto
05-03-2008, 01:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-03-2008, 01:41 AM by enigma6584.)
McIvan Wrote:I managed to recognise the scenario....started playing it once, but the opponent disappeared, can't remember who it was now. Anyways....what I wondering was: who won? Score? Number of vehicles destroyed on each side etc?

Gotta have all those result stats :)

Yeah, I actually was trying to take screenshots of the scoring panel but for some reason, my "fraps" software wouldn't do it. I couldn't find the regular keyboard command for the in-game screenshot so that is why you don't see it.

Technically and according to the game stats, it was a draw. Shotmagnet did a superb job in defensive maneuvers.

At the start of the scenario, I was just giving the orders for my brigade to ford the first river and once across, get into proper combat formations in order to be ready when we reached that first objective flag. I had sent my lendlease M3 scout cars way up ahead in order to find him.

Two turns later to my surprise, there he was very close, just crossing that riverbed (where objective flag was) and his rearend was facing me. I waited another turn and realized his units did not see me.

I saw an opportunity and took it. I kept the already in game formations slowing coming up behind him while my (just recently arrived) reinforcments I sent in "fast mode" right up behind him and tried to force a crossing. I wanted to get my units across the riverbed and right in amongst his forces. I didn't think a long range duel against his panthers would come out in my favor.

I took a horrendous beating with that charge. He killed 27 tanks. I had 8 left to make the crossing. I killed most of his with their rearends facing me early. I killed 17 tanks.

There was about 3 minutes of realtime play where I thought I was gonna loose this one big. He only made one mistake really and that was when he moved his last 3 tanks forward. I was able to keep his tanks busy shooting at some while maneuvering other on his flank which then took out his last. Before he did that, I couldn't cross the riverbed. He was not going to be moved.

That one mistake and the numbers on my side did him in. But he did not lose because scoring chalked it up as a draw. Very intense game, very fun.