I love CMAK...
05-03-2008, 03:15 PM,
I love CMAK...
...beautiful chaos!!!

[Image: desertchaos.png]
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2008, 12:31 AM,
RE: I love CMAK...
Yeah, it and CMBB really are beautiful works of art. I find the maps really well done. There is nothing like the horizon filled with smoke plumes and burning tanks.Big Grin
05-06-2008, 05:38 AM,
I've been curious about so many folks' game screens. Do they always show all those hex/grid lines on the ground or is that something that is turned on or off when you want?? My ground doesn't look like that...BB or AK.......
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
05-06-2008, 05:58 AM,
They are grass mods
05-06-2008, 06:08 AM,
Mad Baron,

What is going on here is ekrommen has installed a mod whereby the original ground textures have been swapped with ones with a grid pattern.

The grid can easily show you the 20m squares, and as you can see, there is a big color difference in hexes of different height... From Low Black Hexes, to High White Hexes.

I would guess he downloaded the mods from here:
http://www.cmmods.com/

It's really a matter of personal choice. I personally like to fly over the battlefield, soaking up all LOS possibilities, so I don't think I would benefit all that much from a grid mod. I play CM as if it where a 3rd Person Shooter. I like the eye candy, and am a decent enough player without the grid.

But if you're the type of player who plays CM like a boardgame: from top down, or a very wide view like the screen shot above, then the grid and the large color difference in different height hexes may help alot.

If you ever said... "I though my Goddamn tank was hidden! after watching it brew up behind a slight crest that you though was a huge mountain blocking all enemy LOS, then maybe the grid mod is for you.

Consider it.
05-06-2008, 09:23 AM,
Thanks, Mikey. I figured it showed terrain elevation differences better, but didn't know if it was some sort of ''turn-on/turn-off feature'' you could add on, and you answered that for me.

I suspect I am like you. I don't want to make it all that mechanical or mathematical. I like the game's standard elevation choices, and such already. And I will keep playing ''like I am actually right there in the wild'' and just try and sneak and peak....for better or worse! :P

And I would guess it is all fair for everyone still, whichever approach one takes!

Cheers! ~~MB
05-06-2008, 12:35 PM,
This terrain mod is absolutely necessary in CMAK: Rocket-Man's High Contrast Gridded Terrain Mods
05-06-2008, 01:26 PM,
Prolly spot on....I have a hell of a time fighting in the desert!!

:conf:
05-07-2008, 12:43 AM,
i dl'ed it, works great!
05-07-2008, 12:45 AM,
i dl'ed it, works great...I've been trying to re-work a bunch of mods as well.