• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tourney in the works... CM:Infection!
07-03-2008, 11:44 AM,
Tourney in the works... CM:Infection!
Introducing for all of your consideration and suggestions...

CM:INFECTION!

The Premise:
A fast moving, viral infection of the gut attempts to infect the entire body. I think highly mechanized German troops would best model this.

Defending this attack will be the antibodies of the body, represented by Russian troops. I think some weak local defenses should be preplaced, with strong, highly mobile reinforcements entering through the throat, modeling ingested medication.

The Map:

[Image: CMInfection.jpg]

Paved road: Route from Esophagus to Stomach to Large Intestine.
Dirt Roads: Local Blood Arteries.

Gut: A maze of narrow pathways through an entangled mass of trees.
[Image: TheGut.jpg]

Organs: Tall Pines define the outline of the Organs, with typical cover liberally placed throughout.
[Image: Organs.jpg]

Head: The Main Objective of the infection, with buildings to represent eyes/teeth/nose etc...
[Image: TheHead.jpg]

I would appreciate any assistance the community can offer in the following vein:
-Where and How should I improve the map?
-How many points should this map support?
-Should players be able to choose any of their forces, or should they all be preplaced/reinforcements?
-Any other suggestions.

I think an interesting way to pair off opponents would be to use their ELO rating, or maybe win/lose ratios to ensure that equally skilled players face off against each other....

Please tell me if your interested in taking part.

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2008, 01:51 PM,
RE: Tourney in the works... CM:Infection!
maybe, in the name of equality , you could make it female then we could have the "Battle for the Breasts ! " . coool .. "cover me Hans, I'm going for the nipple ..." . ... heheheh,

..ps , what is the lie of the land like, or is it flat as a tack?
07-03-2008, 01:56 PM,
That is an awesome map!
07-03-2008, 04:34 PM,
Quote:what is the lie of the land like, or is it flat as a tack?

Right now, Organs are slightly elevated.
I plan to throw in some subtle dips, valleys, and ridges where applicable. For instance, I may simulated a ribcage with undulating crests/troughs.
07-03-2008, 06:21 PM,
You are awarded one creativity point :)
Starts to remind me of Worms3d...
07-03-2008, 09:05 PM,
LMAO... nice map but I just couldnt take part in this tourney and take it seriously.
07-03-2008, 09:36 PM,
Haha -- sheesh, that's quite a map, Mikey.
07-03-2008, 11:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-04-2008, 12:34 AM by Der Kuenstler.)
It appears from your map the Russians will begin their assault in the rectum, am I correct there? :0
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
07-04-2008, 01:36 AM,
-Should players be able to choose any of their forces, or should they all be preplaced/reinforcements?

I like all units to be preplaced/picked...I like Tourneys to be a test of a player's skill rather than who is best at purchasing units!

Also a locked tourney with passwords you pick as organizer would be great - that way players cannot hotseat against themselves to get a massive advantage over players who do not.

Also, with 2000 points of flags defenders would need 2000 pts plus?? and the attacker would need 3500+ ..? not sure of figures, but with such a large umber of points involved some players may not be able to take part ?!

...oh, and excellent proposal Mikey Big Grin
07-04-2008, 02:27 AM,
I salute you.